What's new

Big One Partial Re-Track @Pleasure Beach

CrashCoaster

Nemesis has never had track replacement, just a re-paint. Nemesis doesn't need a re-track anyway, it has retained its smoothness.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Social Media Team
It's possible that they could have temporarily removed that section of track on Nemesis for non destructive testing or preventative maintenance. I know Sea World Orlando was removing one section of track/support per night to perform NDT and perform any necessary welding as a means of extending the ride's service life. I'd imagine that Nemesis' entire section around the loop undergoes high stress, and also that it'd be much easier to check the part on the midway instead of in a pit.

cookie

It's possible that they could have temporarily removed that section of track on Nemesis for non destructive testing or preventative maintenance. I know Sea World Orlando was removing one section of track/support per night to perform NDT and perform any necessary welding as a means of extending the ride's service life.
Huh, didn't think it could be done so swiftly given modern steel coasters are built to millimeter precision. TIL

Last edited:
I thought a section of nemmies loop was replaced too, thought it had been posted on AT’s official social media a year or 2 ago with pics, but can’t find it now.

TPSou

Yeah I remember a piece being replaced, I thought I'd read it was at risk of fracturing so they replaced it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk