What's new

Bezz's Trip Down To Saw's Ass (Day 4: The Joy of Thorpe Up!)

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
So it was Take 2 (after the Live) to try and get on Saw. It has become almost tradition for us to go down to London and whore our pass as much as we possibly can, and with Saw and more on our pass nowadays, this year became no exception! So we had 6 days in two hotels (one in Tolworth, one...somewhere else) and a Merlin pass each to do whatever we wanted!

Day One: Wednesday 8th April

So we left Grimsby at around 11-ish and decided to head straight to Saw. Unfortunately, one of my bloody lenses from my glasses decided to just fall out during the car journey! So I decided to cover this disturbing fact by wearing different glasses! Sure, they didn't help me see, but they made me feel better. I don't know why.
339r190.jpg

I know it's reliability has improved, but we weren't taking any chances! So around 3 o clock we got into Thorpe Park and joined the two and a half hour queue for this beast.
339lxs6.jpg

However, just when we got to where we did during the Live, the ride became silent. It was all waay too much deja vu for my liking, and we didn't move for quite sometime. The FFS feeling came stronger then ever!

An announcement then came onto the speakers, telling guests that somebody had dropped an item onto the track whilst riding, thus it had to be removed, but the ride would open again soon. Thak God for that! So we proceeded into the building, which was very blurry (due to lack of operative glasses). Anyhoo, all in all, I really enjoyed the Saw experience!
2ldtvg8.jpg

I thought the indoor section was a bit...cartoony, especially for a Saw themed ride, and I expected it to be soo much scarier, but we heard people talking about it all throughout our trip and so many people seemed to find it terrifying. So that's all well and good for them I suppose. I even really enjoyed the actual coaster-ness of it all. I enjoyed the layout so that also impressed me quite a bit :). So, all in all, mucho impresso!

So, after finally getting on Saw, we checked our watches to see the park closed in five minutes, so we ran to Inferno to get a last cheeky ride!

I do like Nemesis Inferno you know. It's not amazing, but it is a pretty cool ride. It's just so annoying that Thorpe don't have the cool volcano effects anymore! Yeah, I know it was just red lighting and steam, but it was cool!

2meyank.jpg

So then we toodled back to the hotel for some Apprentice! I just await the day for The Apprentice: The Ride. Maybe Alton's coaster next year? A massive Sir Alan Sugar saying "You're in total shambles, you're fired!", then the backards section begins? Yeah, I think I'm onto something you know. :wink:

So I was bloody glad to get on Saw to say the least. We said, if needs be, we'd visit Thorpe (or at least contact them) every morning to make sure we got on the git, so to do it on the first day was quite a relief! Therefore the next day would bring us the London whoring sesh, with Sealife, Dungeons, Eye and Madam Tussauds. Thanks for reading peeps, and I'll update soon!

peep

CF Legend
Cool, glad you enjoyed Saw.

Did you go back to Thorpe on Monday? I think we saw you a couple of times but wasn't sure enough to approach :p

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Yeah we did!! As if you were there, we were there till about.... 4ish? God that day sucked so much it was so busy!You should've thrown us a text or something matey!

peep

CF Legend
Darn it, we should have said hi then. My phone has like 4 numbers in atm because they all got deleted so I didn't have your number with me anyways.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Oh that sucks. Oh well, I hope you had a good day. Even though it was so bloody stupidly busy!

Anyhoo, next day!

Day Two: Thursday 9th April

Now off to London! But beware, Siemens is watching you.
1zgw042.jpg

Seriously, who thought "I know, Siemens is a good name for our company!". Anyway...
s16bz7.jpg

...train to Waterloo! To save loads of travelling straight away, we decided to stop off at the Sea Life centre firstly, to which we were greeted by this sign.
154u3oi.jpg

This, to be honest, was probably the only thing which might've been worth doing. The entire thing sucked, and, if anything, made me realise how decent Alton's and Chessington's Sea Life centres are compared to these independent ones. I expected the ones in the parks to be more of a taster than an actual Sea Life centre, but it seems that they pretty much are Sea Life centres absent of a large Shark tank (that of which was partly closed on our visit). I'm presuming the Shark Walk is a walk over the shark tank? I hope so because that sounds pretty cool. Like I said, the only thing worth doing there! But oh well, we're coaster enthusiasts not fish fanatics so I wasn't really bothered to be honest. It was free!

My expression throughout the Sea Life centre was somewhat similar to that of this fake fish.
358dutk.jpg

To be honest, I could only really see half of the Sea Life centre anyway. Since my glasses decided to kind of break the day before, we created a device which allowed me to see almost okay for the duration of the day!
2e50gsk.jpg

So, as you can imagine, I pretty much looked like a tit all day. I did have my sunglasses on top for most of the duration though! Just it was bloody dark in there so I could see naff all with them on.

Leaving the Sea Life centre was pretty shocking, and I was so surprised that's all it was. But, then again, I'm sure people who are willing to pay £20 or £25, however much it is, want to see fish in tanks and that's what they get so.....yeah. But this did look cool. Unfortunately, we just didn't have the cash.
1627fc7.jpg

Has anybody got any information on this? It looked friggin' cool.

So now we headed of to the next free thing, the London Eye! Oh the joy of...well, sitting down for a bit to be honest. But first, me and Jay in front of a clock.
29dzl7r.jpg

Now onto this big thing.
24pifjl.jpg

All together now (as The Apprentice theme), da da daaa da daaaaa da da da daaa da daa da daaaaa daaa!
s614le.jpg

Just on a bit of a misty, horizontal kind of introduction.

After the joy of sitting down for a while we discovered some random weirdos trying to get money by just being weird. This particular one caught my attention.
4tm047.jpg

A box. Then we got to an even less creative duo. Ever wondered where Mickey and Minnie would be with a deprived upbringing?
243n2v8.jpg

Just look at him, what has he been on? I wouldn't mess with Minnie either, she easy wants to start a fight. Just look at her.
16jfy9f.jpg

To be honest, all of the street entertainers bar the Disney imposters were very cool. Even the box was intriguing. These frauds were just a right waste of space alongside pretty neat looking peeps.

Next stop, the Dungeons! With a quick distraction of some taxi sex,
e9gg3n.jpg

we were there!
2q9bcqt.jpg

I really expected more from this. I was looking forward to it, but wish the pass let us into The London Bridge Experience instead! It wasn't scary, and, to be honest, VERY messy. The whole thing just had no consistency or structure. One minute you're getting sentenced to death, you get a boat ride to the Tower of London, then end up at Sweeney Todd's parlour? WHAT? Then there were some sections, like the great fire of London, which seemed to be building up to something just for nothing at all to happen, except to find another actor telling you the new time and date for the next section. I expected more from it, but the boat ride wasn't bad and the tower ride at the end packed a sly punch! Even though the animatronics (if you can even call them that!) were the size of midget wombles. Anyhoo, next stop!
2nav0a0.jpg

For this reason obviously.
2zi0l7k.jpg

This place is usually stupidly busy and only enjoyable when you go on that cool cab ride around the history of London. However, it was actually quite enjoyable today! It was much emptier than usual (probably because we hit it much later than what we normally do, we went to The Dungeons at peak busy-ness time. It took us ages to get in!). So, for the first time ever, we had the space to actually enjoy ourselves in Madame Tussauds!
1rb7g1.jpg

Me with a Jonathan Ross shaped piece of wax. This is the new Friday Night with Jonathan Ross section, with Jay kindly posing as a guest made out of wax.
1zz1esz.jpg

Here is me with a Will Smith shaped piece of wax.
23hxe2o.jpg

Here is a Johnny Depp shaped piece of wax. It was hard to get a decent picture, because wax doesn't move.
2wggpxx.jpg

This is me being cool with an Orlando Bloom shaped piece of wax.
xfu3gn.jpg

Me showing my appreciation to the big green hollow piece of plastic.
5z44qs.jpg

I have WAAAY too many pictures of me with exciting shaped pieces of wax, so I'll just leave it now with this final Hitler shaped piece of wax. Marvellous.
js22yc.jpg

Oh, and some other wax models from the world leaders section through the tour of excitingly shaped wax.
r8i0wj.jpg

Our final stop was this lovely park which consisted of a Peter Pan statue,
6z6m85.jpg

and a Diana Princes of Wales Memorial Fountain. Get ready for the action shot.
27wx81z.jpg

After some more glances at trees and bushes and things Jay rightly pointed out,
29f8gef.jpg

"This sucks", so off we ventured once more! This time to a shoppy bit, where we discovered this!
k526gz.jpg

MY GLASSES WERE SAVED! Or so I thought, as a simple procedure of screwing a lense screw back in suddenly resulted in the frame snapping. The conclusion? Vision Express sucks royal penis. This isn't the first crappy encounter we've had with them either, but nevertheless the glasses were back in full operation! Just very flimsy and held together with tape.
a0ch3a.jpg

Then we ended the day with a nice name we all know and love!
rgzd5e.jpg

But the bliss soon turned into a walk around High School Musical and Miley Cyrus merchandise, to which we realised that the journey to the Disney Store at the end of the day most definitely was not worth it. So back to the Travelodge it was, where we ate cheese and smash and watched Kitchen Nightmares, USA style!

Well if you've read all this then wow, thank you very much! Tomorrow is Chessington, so at least the next update will actually have rides in it.

Thanks peeps!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Day Three: Friday 10th April

This day was our Chessington day! Just look at all the wondrous worlds of adventure we have to decide from!

sy302w.jpg

Hmmm, and this is where the trouble arises. I like Chessington, it's nice. But that's as far as the compliments go. It is just 'nice'. I remember distinctly finding CWoA pretty boring on the last visits, but the Mum really likes it here. It does have a lovely atmosphere, but it just isn't very exciting. In an attempt to cure boredom, we decided to work our way around the park and do everything we came across. Our first stop? The roller coaster definition of boredom.

nbum45.jpg

The lamest runaway train I have ever been on. I enjoy the fish at Thorpe so much more, but I just can't put my finger onto why this is. Now onto something better.

2epkh21.jpg

I like Rattlesnake. The theme is pretty cool (except those TERRIBLE animatronics, or rather jerky dummies) and the ride itself is quite exciting, especially on par with the Chessington attractions which are generally suited for the younger guests. It also never has a queue! Now onto another extreme ride, which the power of my height over 1.4m allows me to go on, MUHAHA!

20v16yq.jpg

This was my first ride on Rameses’ Revenge, normally we don't bother because we know that we can just go on Ripsaw whenever. I was shocked as to how different the ride was, it was much more painful. The restraints just hurt my shoulders and my bollocks so bloody much! We got two cycles, which was weird because there was a queue (not an overly large one, but one nonetheless), and the second was much better than the first. We seemed to go upside-down more times in one cycle than Ripsaw does on one summer day ha! We didn't get wet at all really, being at the back, but the front peeps did.

2gslsnl.jpg

DA DA DAAAAAAA. DADADADADA DAAAA. Tomb Blaster time! So much better than Duel.

o9bl.jpg

I love this ride so much. Jay does mucho, he sees it as a game which halts for bosses, which you attack then move along too. Much better than random zombies with LEDs on. I also like the fact that targets go off then come back on, so you can't just zap constantly, you actually have to aim! A ride which I really like.

Now for Peeking Heights! Which I couldn't remember the name off at all, I just kept calling it Eclipse.

2dkvu9.jpg

They were only filling 6 carriages, which I presumed was to have a balance on the wheel? Would've been more convenient if they were all filled, because there was a queue. But oh well.

The expression of "yeeeeeeeep. We're queuing. To go on Peeking Heights. Oh the thrills of Chessington!" is summed up in Jays face.

1feqo6.jpg

Whilst peeking high we cast eyes upon our next adventure, Dragon Falls.

1zlf0x5.jpg

This is a cool log flume, nothing much to say apart from it's alright :). Nice how they have water in the tube on the tall corner just before the drop, and not just wheels like the one at American Adventure used to have. Then round to Beanoland! Definitely the world of adventure that needs some serious sorting out, but it has good fun attractions. This being amazingly fun!

34qmlxy.jpg

Then onto the dodgems! Fun, in a dodgemy way.

e02y68.jpg

We queued 25 minutes for the dodgems, the longest queue of the day (tied with the 25 minutes for our first ride on Dragons Fury). So, we head to the spinning coaster with two climb hills, and leave with a firm reminder that Beanoland really does need, well.... at least more paint.

2hzooie.jpg

So now to the Fury of the Dragon: The Ride! I always get mixed up in my head whether I prefer this to Spinball, and I do. Most definitely. I just don't like the second climb hill and the section after that. It isn't good and I don't really feel it to be honest. But everything before, whizzing around all the cool theme, is very exciting. I love this coaster.

jv1apu.jpg

As you can probably tell by the big splodge on the photo, it was raining. This wasn't appreciated, especially since I got much wetter on Billy's Whizzer than what I imagined! So now to indoor-ness. ON TO THE BUBBLEWORKS!

This is where our journey of getting everything done turned into the journey of "For God's sake, I hate this bloody rain". We haven't ridden Bubbleworks for two years, because it was down last year when we visited, and I really couldn't remember it being this bad. Bubbleworks was so much better before the invasion of the ducks arrived. Imperial Leather, I hate your guts. Just look at this abomination.

1o3b4m.jpg

If this was an attraction on its own, with no sponsor, and was like this from new I think I would see it as the light hearted, fun ride it is. But the fact that it used to be better, and the reason it's worse is because of a sponsorship, just makes me not appreciate this in the slightest.

qoakgz.jpg

Yes. Exactly. Now onto Vekoma swingness!

21m9h1x.jpg

Vampire's alright, it's fun but not in an overly fun way. I always feel like I have to brace my head forward, I hate those harnesses so much! There were a lot of foot choppers today too, literally! My feet kept twatting branches and leaves and things. Great fun ride, but I just wish I went on it when it had the old trains. I've been on three suspended coasters and loved every single one of them, I just love their style, so it's a great shame Vampire isn't like that anymore. But it's not that bad.

Now for a quick ride on Seastorm! A nice fun flat, which seems to be a ride of many expressions! The sounds some people make when the little boats start turning round are so unusual! Weirdoes.

nmb383.jpg

I don't know if any of you do, but Bob le Ponge was here last Easter, and this year we have a different Bob!

28u1pu9.jpg

You can't see because us sad gits are in the way, but he has very tiny little arms that wiggle up and down. You know when you look at a character and think that must be so uncomfortable? That's what I thought.

Now onto Hocus Pocus Hall! Where you don't get wet, the 3D glasses are washed for hygiene purposes! Mind you, after seeing the book collection in here, I began to think maybe it's not even water that's splattered all over the 3D glasses.

rrv1hl.jpg

Yeah. So next time, just give your glasses a sniff. Just in case. You don't know what goes on with these goblins behind closed doors.

apei3a.jpg

He has a guilty conscience.

Just because it was still raining, more shelter was needed.

jzuqee.jpg

I was surprised as to how similar to Alton's this was. It was practically exactly the same, just with different theme. I was quite impressed by this last year, but it is quite gutting to think that it's so similar to Alton's. I prefer Alton's though, even if it did copy Chessington! It just has nicer Mutiny Bay-ness added to it.

Now for some crazy Mr Toad time! I'm not really sure why.

9zu9ex.jpg

This dude's in the know.

5nj37q.jpg

Ahh the glory days, the days before ducks invaded the Bubbleworks and brainwashed poor Professor Bubbles.

qrxkbb.jpg

Traumatising. I WANT OLD VAMPIRE TRAINS. I bet they were so cool. They must've got rid of that lion as well in the revamp, I wonder where that used to be on the ride?

e0picn.jpg

After this we headed back to Bubbleworks, whored Vampire for a bit, then got....three (maybe, it might've been two) rides on Dragon's Fury since everybody had left because they were sick of the rain. It was really empty for Good Friday. Mind you, latter days were to reveal that's because every bugger is at Thorpe or Legoland instead.

We also adopted this guy. We found him on the steps of the Transylvania shop.

mtmds9.jpg

He's happy really!! He has a family now. :) Last shot of the day.

ay0bvm.jpg

Marvellous.

So, turns out Chessington is okay if you do everything there, and not just do the worthwhile things, because then you get bored. It actually ended up being the most fun day at Chessington I can remember! Baring in mind I can't remember many things. Got a good bunch of rides on the things worth doing, so....it's all good! Next day was to bring Legoland, where we can look at their new shooty ride. Ooooo!

G'night folks, thanks for reading!

nadroJ

CF Legend
It's not a lion it's a vampire bat!

Chessington was sooo much better in the 'glory days', when Dragon Falls still had all its theming and Samurai was there, when Bubbleworks was still there, when the Cadburys castle was Cadburys and not stupid Nestle. I still love the place though, too bad you guys find it a bit meh.

Looks like you've been having fun though =]

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
If only they could actually load all of the Peeking Heights carriages...

If we could, we could, but we can't because of it being a generally crap ferris wheel in regards to balance as you deducted...

I remember that Friday at work as well, just sat inside the nice cosy office... Fun times...

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Ahhh a vampire bat. That makes much more sense ha! Plus, what a shame about the Peeking Heights capacity, that sucks.

Anyhoo, sorry the updates are so few and far between. I'm just...busy I suppose. Anyway!

Day Four: Saturday 11th April

Time for Legoland! I have only ever visited here twice before, and it's been stupidly busy both times so we hardly got anything done bar the coasters. I was looking forward to our proper day here, where we could explore the park a bit more.

se3gja.jpg

Our first stop was the land of which was new last year, The Land of the Vikings! This has to be the most artificial area of any park I have ever seen, but I thought it made good use of a very awkward hillside.

ea2r05.jpg

We decided to wait for the Viking's River Splash, even though it was down, because the water was just filling up.

bjiefd.jpg

However the pumps soon stopped, so we quickly migrated to another ride we wanted to do which we haven't done before, Pirate Falls.

s4ujhw.jpg

As with what is expected from Legoland, many Lego figures are being Lego figures around the ride. All it really is is a tour around Lego figures which finishes with probably the lamest drop I've ever experienced from a flume ride. But it was worth doing just to see what it was like.

2i9t9b4.jpg

Now to The Dragon which usually has a way too big queue for what it's worth. 45 minutes it was this time around.

34evpjd.jpg

I think the whole castle and station area is pretty cool. Along with the trains as well, and the indoor section which is very squeaky, but unfortunately the big dragon on the last scene wasn't working.

2hq494m.jpg

I AM BIG AND FIERCE AND NOT WORKING. Here's an epic on board action shot through Legoland's back garden.

osfucz.jpg

This such a tame ride. The trains were consistently stacking as well, so I blame the ride ops for the queue being as long as what it was. I appreciate that it's going to be more difficult with little kids changing their minds on riding, getting scared of Lego and stuff, but still.

2h5tl3q.jpg

Now off to the new area, Kingdom of the Pharaohs!

333amqh.jpg

Here's some re-theme-ness. Nothing spectacular by all means.

2dhagrc.jpg

But now for this year’s big new attraction, Laser Raiders!

szelip.jpg

So here we queue, around all the Lego treasure.

wwi0lg.jpg

We got told on the door that the queue was an hour and a half. This however, was not true, and it was actually just over an hour. With this area full, however, I'm pretty sure it would've been one and a half hours then.

1tuh5g.jpg

We then queued around some contemporary Egyptian mosaics.

2ebvgau.jpg

Then finally got into the pre-show room! We got excited about this; it's always good to have a pre-show room!

v2qno8.jpg

Then we crossed the railway tracks (which is pretty weird, in a queue line!) then queued a tad more towards the station.

351h1lh.jpg

Then we got told where to sit by this crazy woman. WHY!! Explorer theme please.

2vkneaq.jpg

However the cars are designed pretty much awesomely. They only seat four though, hence the build up in the queue, as well as it being a new attraction.

2mx2620.jpg

So now onto the ride! I suppose I should warn that there are spoiler ahead, just in case. SPOILERS AHEAD! So, here is Mr Explorer guy.

azi1qo.jpg

Unfortunately I can't remember the storyline too well, but I don't think this skeleton band had much to do with anything.

dbg3t.jpg

But we needed to catch this guy! That is VERY important! Seriously, I love these massive Lego figures. They're just so awesome!

nexj0i.jpg

I suppose the fact that he's surrounded by TNT kind of gives away the fact that's he's evil. Oh! You also need to find this lass! It tells you in the pre-show. Guess what? We found her!

334nnlz.jpg

Happy endings for all!

2urv76d.jpg

Inside the same building they also have two of these mini tower rides. Pretty funky if you ask me! Ladies and Gentlemen, these are the Scarab Bouncers!

2meo8zc.jpg

Now onto this very old looking train.

4j9xg5.jpg

It took absolutely ages to set off, because they have to be contacted from Laser Raiders to ensure that the crossing has been operated within the queue line. The issue was that Laser Raiders took ages to clear the queue which goes over the train tracks, due to too many peeps going through the preshow.

Now onto the Wave Surfer! The queue was way too long for what this was worth, and my legs got bloody soaked. But oh well, cool for what it is. We saw one Danny Dyer in the queue line as well. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera, the Mum did (who didn't ride) and she couldn't get a good photograph. So you'll just have to use your imagination I'm afraid! Anyway, here's Wave Surfer.

21enqra.jpg

This made me realise that only at Legoland little 'filler' attractions are just ridiculously busy. It has got to be the brand name. This place was heaving. Mind you, it was open until 9 because of a laser show, so that might be why it was so busy.

Here's the Dino Safari, which pretty much did suck. Ignore the sign, you get 0 points.

o5qby8.jpg

Onto the Spinning Spider. Here's a nice action shot. God, I'm glad my hair is cut now!

28u4fh1.jpg

Finally we got onto the Viking's River Splash which was fully operating now! I stand by my comment of it looking too artificial though. I know its Lego-esque, but Pirate Falls feels much more natural. In fact, every other ride there does. Still, these we cool, but the actual rapids were non existent when on the ride. They look fine off-ride. It was only hose pipes inside Lego figures which got peeps wet.

102ktc4.jpg

Nevertheless, the effects were pretty cool. This was a very misty section, but it can't be seen very way here. Probably not really that misty then.

2uz2yiv.jpg

Very cool. Some of the Lego figures were outstanding, much better than anywhere else within the park.

2q0rq15.jpg

Now onto Rocket Racers! Or Lego Racers, or Lego Rocket Racers. The naming of this attraction was highly confused throughout. But it was very good fun! Even though Jay pretty much kicked my arse.

24pc3ls.jpg

I had no idea what this was, so I shall explain to those who are intrigued and not in the know. :--D We start by entering through the entrance, and continuing through the queue.

5vvj3m.jpg

According to the official Legoland website, "2009 sees the return of a much-missed favourite to the Park; the high-tech revamped Rocket Racers". So there we have it. It was good fun as well, like I said. This first stage is this pre-show room, in which Larry helps us all learn what we have to do! Everybody say 'Hello Larry!'

672h4i.jpg

Then we enter this room. Eight participants can race at a time, and every racer goes to their own uniquely numbered and coloured screen to create their character and racer.

r2td6t.jpg

After this, we enter the last room (and stage) which is the race itself, where each contestant races in their customised vehicles in these little simulator things (which are pretty cramped for anyone over eight years old).

2m2x64k.jpg

A better look at one of the simulators.

20b04cn.jpg

I didn't come eighth! This is not my machine! Anyway, now to what Legoland is famous for....Lego!

8wbfuv.jpg

To my great surprise we found something quite familiar there!

9jhthe.jpg

It's Dock Tower! Anybody know where that is? No?

2dcctg1.jpg

It's Grimsby! It's bloody Grimsby! What the hell is Grimsby doing at Legoland! I was so shocked! It wasn't just Dock Tower either, it was the entire docks. I drive over this bridge to get to PC World and Tesco!

2h7nk0h.jpg

Crrrazy! When I was younger I always used to associate that building with Tower of Terror. From the right angle near Argos it looks pretty similar-ish. Well, it doesn't really, but I thought it did when I was younger.

2la6adu.jpg

Marvellous. This was just weird.

2up48kl.jpg

Erm....yeah. Extreme Team Challenge!

2qxrg5v.jpg

I got two rides! You can't ride unless you’re in a two, and since we were in a three I went back up for Jay after mine and my Mum's ride. It was alright, but I was bloody soaked afterwards. We all were.

16m6opg.jpg

I shouted a lot. Then onto something less wet, exciting or anything really. Fairy Tale Brook.

2m4xhkk.jpg

But after that we got to the Fire Academy! Seriously good fun, but I don't get the fire bit. There's no reason to shoot water through the holes? You just waste pumping energy to get your fire engine back! It would be better if there were painted flames on a board you had to knock down or something you had to fill up or some sort of measurement. Nevertheless, very good fun!

29oq1sl.jpg

So then we got some more rides on Laser Raiders and Rocket Racers, which seemed to be our favourite attractions along with the Fire Academy. I have to say, Laser Raiders is probably my favourite interactive dark ride that I have been on in this country. It is pretty good, and I like the fact that the targets respond when you hit them. Anyway, we caught the night-time laser show, which I have to say is the best laser show I have ever seen. I'm not a fan of lasers at all, but this actually was incredible.

2iks8dc.jpg

Everything was moving so fast and so amazingly. It was just like an insane rave! Really, really cool.

n4xhtw.jpg

Finally, some information which might be useful if my glasses decide to randomly break again! Seriously, I wish we got told everything we get with our pass. We get some right random crap!

2ihun35.jpg

So there's Legoland! It's a very cool place, and the atmosphere is awesome. It just has no thrills at all. At least Chessington has some things for mild excitement, while Legoland does have nothing. It's obvious that the park is for littler kids, but with the best attractions being the most recent it leads me to believe that the park will continue, in coming years, to get the more fun, interactive family attractions as opposed to the family thrill rides (like The Jungle Coaster (which we didn't even bother doing today) and Pirate Falls, which was just lame).

Anyhoo, tomorrow brought us our day at Thorpe Park, in hope that we could spend a proper day there and get more things done than just Saw. Cheers for reading again guys, and I'll update as soon as I can!

Thanks again :--D

peep

CF Legend
"Hello Larry" lol :D

Nice PTR. Shame you went to Legoland, I think its a terrible park, but that's my opinion lol, sounds like you had a good time despite that weather looking quite bleak.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^Yeah we did! We quite enjoyed it, but I think that's mainly because it's a fairly new place to us. It's always good to get somewhere new and different!

Day Five: Sunday 12th April

Saw saw saw. Our attempt to get to Saw early and avoid any crowds were mistaken tremendously. However, we beat this bunch.

11mdki1.jpg

And this lot.

1zf76eh.jpg

Aaaaaand this lot.

s3liti.jpg

This queue was ridiculous. We heard some guys say it took them an hour and a half just to queue to get tickets. Bloody ridiculous if you ask me.

315jtok.jpg

So since our plan to beat the crowds to Saw had ultimately failed (because it was already insane) we decided to take advantage of everything else being empty. A 15 minute wait for this seemed like a much better option.

2uxyexv.jpg

This just doesn't do anything for me. I was so emotionless all the way round. I don't dislike it, but it's not exciting either. Just like a plain slice of Tesco value bread. Nothing amazing, but not crap. It's just....bread.

wtve5u.jpg

As part of Thorpe Parks Epic Easter Sunday we had a band! They played several times throughout the day, and played songs which one is used to hearing on the Thunder Rock Rally.

xgmucj.jpg

Now prepare for Detonation. It's aaaalright. I like a tower ride, this is just overly boring to queue for.

jrbno2.jpg

Now for some fun NI-ness! It was 10:30, and we queued 45 minutes for this. The queues just got bigger and bigger all day. Bad times in Thorpe, when queuing is just a horrible, chavtastic experience.

2hegfgn.jpg

The ride itself is cool. I like Inferno.

23rvp7n.jpg

This is my second favourite coaster to Saw in this park. Coaster alone, this is my favourite.

ejfv5k.jpg

Anybody recognise this guy?

2v9qf09.jpg

Britain's Got Talent maybe? He was proper bragging about it to everybody, and when I saw it I was like WHAT?! I can't find it on You Tube, but all he did was chainsaw things up! Bloody daft ha!

Now onto the reason we came down here in the first place.

20k3ki.jpg

We queued ages (I can't remember how much exactly, but it was outside of the entrance) then decided to go single rider. However, whilst in the queue we saw the guy on gate let two people into Fastrack with their annual passes. At this I asked the guy (Alfonso) whether we could get into Fastrack with our annual passes, to which he replied "Yes yes yes" in a Spanish/English tone. To which we exited the queue, then got on with our annual passes!

2d8l20m.jpg

We then repeated this three times! However, when we got round for the fourth there was a different person on gate, to which she replied Alfonso was "misinformed", and that there was no Fastrack for Saw. This was well gutting! Still, at least we got three shots at it without the massive wait!

2jexl4g.jpg

So, after thinking we've ridden Saw enough and can't be bothered to queue for something we just whored, we bailed to the stunt show they have for Easter weekend. It was alright! Here's some shots.

w21rug.jpg

Some extreme BMX-ness.

35ktu9j.jpg

Now for something really hardcore, Scrambler bikes and FIRE!

4qk6du.jpg

HARD..

281hr0j.jpg

CORE..

2zrg610.jpg

NESS..

2njzdvn.jpg

Here's the team! They were signing autographs and posters and things after the set.

8zehw1.jpg

The only problem we encounted after the show was that the park was absolutely heaving, and we just weren't enjoying this busy atmosphere at all. For some reason, busy Legoland seemed much nicer. So, we decided to queue for a little filler as opposed to a big coaster. 45 minutes for an Afterburner. What a bore.

14xdpv4.jpg

It's fun, but not THAT fun.

Next was Rush. An hour and a half of waiting, due to so many, like SO many queue jumpers. First we had an encounter of people running from the exit and sitting down on the ride, refusing to move. Obviously, everybody saw that they did it, so security came and removed them. Five minutes later this happened AGAIN, but with different people. Security then came and removed the wrong people! They evicted people who had queued up for Rush, but they just seemed like quiet, timid kids and walked off. The actual queue jumpers were asked to go into the bay, and rode on the next ride! Even though we were all shouting in the queue that they got the wrong people, and security came up to us and asked us who it was, they still did it wrong. How bloody daft. Thorpe, if you are reading this, PUT A GOD DAMN TURNSTILE IN RUSH'S EXIT! It would solve everything! But no, maybe that's just too simple?

Then, when we almost got our turn, three people tried to push in front of US, in which I said 'why are you pushing in'. They replied 'I'm off to get my Mum', to which I was going to reply are you **** (because they were older than me) but the woman behind me beat me to it. This resulted in the queue jumper smacking her in the face then running off as soon as security came. Security then removed the people whose group member got smacked, and turned a blind eye to the queue jumpers leaving the queue. This resulted in 7 security guards and a policeman at Rush,
halting operation once more, whilst they all tried to find the queue jumpers who 'assaulted' the woman (who just ran past them when they arrived). This has Thorpe written all over it.

2crvr6p.jpg

So we finally rode, just after the peeps who were behind us who got evicted in the queue did (they got ascorted through the exit), so at least they got to ride Rush in the end! She said thanks for sticking up for us, to which I replied it's okay and tried to look like I was cool. Then we thought Thorpe's ****, let's go somewhere better.

105qro3.jpg

Well....much MUCH nicer. Chief Wiggum says BUY A FIAT QUBO!

166zqtf.jpg

Seriously, please don't.
"Hey look Mum, I found a little teddy of me!"

2zs4px5.jpg

Chief Wiggum says "30 Minutes Until You Can Ride The Dragon Larry!" To which he was correct!

11l4dcn.jpg

Epic head chopper.

eu0a68.jpg

Now onto some fun Laser Raiders! Seriously, I love this ride. Such good fun!

o91x21.jpg

Here are our two free souvenir from our trip! A Chief Wiggum found at CWoA, and an Eoghan Quinn badge somewhere around London! Oh the joy!

eg0o5.jpg

Now for some Fireman training.

mvgqx3.jpg

Some Dragon's Apprentice credit for Jay.

2emzy3r.jpg

Then the only Easter reminder we've had all day! The random Laser Raider ride op is a bunny. Well, better than a random colourful sparkly woman like yesterday.

11m6e0x.jpg

Then we left and went home after the 9 o clock closing. Mucho funo!

So I realised AGAIN that Thorpe can SUCK. However, we decided that we would like to visit tomorrow just before we go home so we can try and get another ride on Saw, because we think it's pretty damn awesome.

Cheers guys, final update coming soon!

peep

CF Legend
That sounds like a bad day at Thorpe. That incident in the Rush queue sound horrible, you gotta love the Thorpe chavs. What did you find worse though, the Sunday or the Monday? Because when we were there on the Monday there was a queue to get out of the park which (from the Saw queue) looked like it didn't move.

Also, why did you go back to Rubbish Lego and not Chessie? Silly decision imo.

Ollie

CF Legend
That Rush incident sucks. Shows what horrible and stupid people you get at the parks and how the parks themselves struggle to cope with it.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I thought that the park was MUCH busier on the Monday, but we seemed to get involved in more shizz on the Sunday! Legoland's cool! It just lacks any sort of thrill. I'm sure I'll be bored of it soon, it's kind of the novelty factor at the minute ha!

But yeah, suckable day at Thorpe for sure.