What's new

Best way to take your phone with you on a coaster

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I've been wondering what is the best way to take your phone with you on a roller coaster. I mean, not to record video, just to have in your pocket. Anyone have anything?

bentcookie

Mega Poster
If i don't have a buttoned pocket I just make sure I push my phone down far enough in my pocket, then push the restraint down over the pocket opening so it seals off the pocket.

jolash

Mega Poster
bentcookie said:
If i don't have a buttoned pocket I just make sure I push my phone down far enough in my pocket, then push the restraint down over the pocket opening so it seals off the pocket.

Say pocket one more time.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Like many enthusiasts, I have been on a ton of different coaster types, a bunch of times. I would conservatively estimate I have done 2,000 laps on coasters, and have lost stuff out of my pockets twice.

Once was in 2009 on Colossus @ MM. I was working so I had a collared T. I put some stuff in my shirt pocket, and lost it all on the first air time hill.

The second time was last Friday on Freedom Flyer at Fun Spot, The new Vekoma Junior seats at like a 70 degree angle, and everything slide right out of my pocket and fell the 20 feet to the concrete. My phone broke apart but the screen was not damaged and it still works!

Darren B

Giga Poster
I have the simplest answer going, I don't take my phone into a theme park. I don't want work calling me, I don't want an invite to play candy crush, and I certainly don't want my phone to get damaged. I leave it hidden in my car and have done with it.

Unless you're expecting an important phone call I just don't see the need for a phone in a theme park.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Pictures, in case family need to contact me, if I get seperate from my partner, to check queue times on a ride across the park. Loads of reasons.

I make sure the trousers I'm wearing have zip pockets.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Zip pockets are the best solution. That way the phone isn't going anywhere, you don't have to worry about it and you don't have to use a bag or something that you have to carry around or stash somewhere every time you ride something.

You only have to mess up once for something to go flying. It's really not worth taking that risk.

Lottie.

Mega Poster
Zipped pockets if i'm too lazy to take a bag with me. Otherwise it goes in my bag, don't trust jean pockets as there is a huge risk of it flying out. :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I don't even trust zipped pockets any more after somehow my phone came out of my zipped pocket on Colossus. I just put it in my bag or not take it at all if I'm not taking a bag to a park.

BBH

Giga Poster
I always take a drawstring bag, leave the phone in said bag, and put it in the loose article bin with my glasses and hat.

BBH

Giga Poster
I can just imagine a bunch of British goons walking around in tight leather pants with brass zip pockets and their phone bulging out of the side of their thigh.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Zipped pockets are my favorite but a button pocket does fine for me most of the time because it usually gets pressed against the side of the seat. The only time it was close to falling out was on Raptor.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Weird, something has just come back to me now. I cannot remember what coaster it was, but once i remember getting out of my seat at the end of the ride, looking back and seeing my phone just sitting there on the seat :shock: . How did not fall out? I believe it was some sort of invert, but don't know which one.