What's new

Best Upcoming Coaster for 2024?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Another vote for Hyperia, especially being a Thorpe enthusiast.

Voltron and Mahuka are also up there for me.

Top Thrill 2 gets a nod too.

And am I right in thinking Six Flags Qiddiya is meant to open in 2024? And so Falcon's Flight might too? That would be worth a hypothetical shout...

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Looking at RCDB and the 2024 US rides coming, I guess I'd go with Great Escapes Bobcat, always good to see at least one woodie being built here. Great Adventures Flash super boomerang is also very intriguing. And maybe we'll actually see Indiana Beach open the Triple Loop coaster.

Graeme

Roller Poster
Choco Chip Creek at Energylandia. There's just something about lift-hill mine trains that inspires me. With enough theming, they can take you on a great adventure. Vekoma is listing two off-the-shelf mine train designs threse days - Lone Star and High Noon - and this is very similar to the latter (the bigger one). I'm not sure if it actually is the High Noon model (there's a slight discrepancy with length), but if it's as good as it looks I'd love to see more of them.

I'd have to say Hyperia. Some of the elements look absolutely mental (especially the crazy outerbank turn/heartlined dive?) and it will definitely be a one-of-a-kind coaster.

Esther7

Roller Poster
I think my "hype order" would be this:

1. Voltron: I'm excited about the whole new Croatia area, I think it may be similar to Rookburgh, but Voltron will probably be better than FLY.

2. Hyperia: I love all its elements and I'm hooked on its construction. I recently visited Thorpe Park and I already want to return next year just to try it.

3. Mahuka: I'm curious since I haven't tried the Hot Racer model yet and I trust Intamin quite a bit.🤞🏼

Flash Shift

Roller Poster
Definitely Hyperia. Voltron looks amazing as well but Hyperia is more achievable for me, so it's more of a "best for me" thing. Both Icon and Helix impressed me so I'm keen to see what Mack can do. Looks like it's already going to be a good year for them with 2 great looking coasters.

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
Three answers:

Want to ride the most but it isn't going to happen: Hyperia - some of those elements just look insane.

New coaster that I will almost certainly ride: Flash Vertical Velocity - I want to give a new age Vekoma thrill coaster a ride.

New coaster that I might ride: Hot Wheels Twin Mill Racer - The other Chance Hyper GTX is amazing so I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Nemesis... But if that doesn't count as new, then Hyperia.

Annoyingly, Voltron means I'll have to go back to Europa Park at some point. :/

EmmaUK

Mega Poster
Has to be Hyperia doesn’t it? As a uk thusie it’s the first (potentially) world class coaster we’ve had being built since the early 90s. My excessively optimistic self hopes it kicks into gear a new enthusiasm amongst uk parks to build big

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Annoyingly?!

I'm gutted for you mate, having to revisit that awfully decent park 😉
Long story, but not a fan, they contacted me after I’d left accusing me of doing something in the room that I hadn’t, and it turned out it was their own staff.

Also a nightmare to get to.

emoo

Hyper Poster
If I could go anywhere worldwide for one new coaster next year, its pretty cool that Hyperia is at my closest park. Then add Nemesis and all the other group activity lately the Merlin pass has never looked so spicy.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
If I could go anywhere worldwide for one new coaster next year, its pretty cool that Hyperia is at my closest park. Then add Nemesis and all the other group activity lately the Merlin pass has never looked so spicy.
You also have a crash pad and transport up near Alton Towers... Do it!!!! (But not until March silly)