What's new

Best Takeaway

What's the best Takeaway?

• Indian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, inferior takeaway (Chinese, Pizza etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Indian food can be so hit and miss for me. The places around here are pretty crappy and would probably put a lot of people off if they hadn't had a good Indian. The Chinese places are really good though, so Chinese.

tks

Strata Poster
^ The last two Indian meals i've had (one was in a restaurant!) were absolutely horrible. You could see the grease floating on the meals..

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm with Peep, Indian on the whole tastes nasty! It's not the heat that's the problem, it's the fact it just tastes unpleasant.

Though Tandori (the dry meat) is lush - so if you go again Peep, try it. It's essentially the meat they use on non-donner kebabs :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
furie said:
or a ridiculous kebab, but it has to be on a fresh naan
Not naan, pitta! Mmm pitta bread is yummy, kebabs are amazing, expecially when drunk.

I'm a really fussy eater so there's no point in me even trying to eat food with any obvious flavour, I find garlic bread too spicy!

I do love chinese though, prawn toast *Homer Simpson style drool*

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
How can ANYONE seriously, without a mental issue, take a pitta over a freshly baked naan?

Seriously Jordan, your grip on reality gets looser every day! :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nadroJ said:
Pitta>Naan. =]

Fail on a Steven kind of scale... Is there a shake your head in a sad and disapointed way emoticon?

You need to have a decent naan, not one of these pre-packaged bits of rubbish...

Kebab

Giga Poster
Indian takeaways appeal the most to me due to the incredible range in flavours, but like said a few posts back it can be "hit and miss". I vastly enjoy the fruitier flavours when it comes to Indian takeaway's; my favourite being the Tandoori Chicken Dansak which I can digest faster than S&S' RingRacer. I must say I do love the experience of the worshipped epic Chicken Vindaloo, absolutely immense! :--D

I normally visit the chip shop once a week if I can straight after school on a friday afternoon, and pick up a Kebab special. The stuff kills me but: Donner; chicken; tikka, all those too choose from it can be very picky when queuing. Kebab on a bun with mint sauce is naturally orgasmic.

Chinese takeaways are similar to Indian takeaways but doesn't steer to far in terms of different flavours and spices. The food you get from most Chinese's are mainly pleasent rather than marmite; "love or hate". You don't need to be prone of spicy curries as everything is practically tamed down; and most chicken curries from any Chinese taste exactly the same. I tend to go for the good old Kung po as it is quite possibly the most interesting meal on the menu. Lovely.

But yeah my vote goes for Indian.

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
I just love food....

There isn't really any takeaway i won't eat....

Although Thai Green Curry makes me feel sick lol...

But pretty much ANYTHING else!

I love spicy stuffs especially <3

A

Anonymous

Chinese as its not to far to get it, KFC over 17 miles away.