What's new

Best SUSTAINED Airtime You've Gotten

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
One moment sticks out in my mind that was actually kind of unexpected: the top hat and descent of Top Thrill Dragster. Once the train started to crest the top hat, I got some crazy floater airtime and that lasted all the way through the spiral descent and it was actually kind of freaky! There must have been at least 7 seconds of no contact with the seat. It isn't necessarily my favorite moment of airtime but it is definitely the longest sustained moment I've experienced.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Shambhala at night (its faster) at the front going over the first hill. A good 5 or 6 seconds of pure zero gravity airtime.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I think a B&M hyper is the answer for most people here. For me it was Silver Star. Honourable mention for the half pipe at Särkänniemi.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
Karnan's first drop, and the super intense airtime hill before El Toro's twister section. Also Fury's final hills.
Edit: I'd also like to add Cheetah Hunt's first drop.

BigBad

Mega Poster
Ayy Lmao said:
the super intense airtime hill before El Toro's twister section.
That's a great pop of ejector air, but I'd hardly call it sustained.

It's first drop and first two hills are pretty good, though.

Diamondback ought to appear in this list. It might not have had the best single hill, but every hill had me floating for a while.

At least one of Skyrush's first two hills (not counting the first drop) is probably the best I've been on. It didn't last quite as long as B&M floater would have, but it's major ejector air for much longer than just a pop.

Shambhala's big hill looks amazing.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
BigBad said:
Ayy Lmao said:
the super intense airtime hill before El Toro's twister section.
That's a great pop of ejector air, but I'd hardly call it sustained.

It's first drop and first two hills are pretty good, though.

Diamondback ought to appear in this list. It might not have had the best single hill, but every hill had me floating for a while.

At least one of Skyrush's first two hills (not counting the first drop) is probably the best I've been on. It didn't last quite as long as B&M floater would have, but it's major ejector air for much longer than just a pop.

Shambhala's big hill looks amazing.
When it first opened, the hill was quite sustained.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I gotta say that Raging Bulls's second airtime hill gives a good 5 seconds of sustained floater, Viper(SFGAm) gives a lot of standing airtime on some drops from hills(and it's a lot), and Vertical Velocity has about 6 seconds of -Gs.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Skyrush and Fury come to mind with great, long airtime moments.

And - yes I know, crazy to say - MF's second airtime hill carries a good sustained floater towards the front.

andrus

Giga Poster
Skyrush and Colossos (Heide Park). Sure, B&Ms have prolonged airtime, but I don't quite fancy weak floater.. Nitro, which has floater+ as I like to refer it, was quite sustained though and might would make the list!

Crazydud619dx

Roller Poster
I'm used to the feeling a drop provides, but the last 2 rows of Initimidator gives a crazy experience cresting over that drop. It's just so sudden and breathtaking every time.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Behemoth.
Out of 175 creds, Behemoth is literally the only one where I got off thinking 'Wow - that had AMAZING airtime!'
Sure, plenty of other rides have 'pops' of airtime among all their other elements, but long, sustained, floaty, arms and legs in the air kinda airtime? Behemoth all the way.
I love the simplicity of the layout - just giant airtime hill after giant airtime hill. What is it, like, 5 of 'em in a row? Combined with the spacious, stadium style seating? Awesome. Just awesome.

As a side note - if there is such a thing as 'sustained ejector air', Leviathan, back row... but only on the first drop. The rest of the ride is meh...

BBH

Giga Poster
The first drops of Outlaw Run, Raging Bull, and Goliath (GAm) were all immaculate.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Gotta go with Boulder Dash on this one. The last hill where you really drop along the mountain side is amazing! You get some good ejector, and then just kind of hang out of your seat for a few more seconds. I'm definitely a bigger fan of ejector than floater, but the combination between the two is amazing!

jay37415

Mega Poster
Just going by the ones I have ridden, I would go with Goliath (SFoG). Back Seat.

But I am anticipating going down THAT drop on Lightning Rod next year.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
*bump*

Following on from BigBad's Top 5 video video suggestion for "Best Airtime Moment", I think this topic could be useful!

So yeah, please post your favourite airtime moment.