What's new

Best park for honeymoon trip?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Being from California and living there for 15 years, California would be a good place. Depending on how much driving you would want to/be willing to do, the amount of places you could visit are endless, as well as places you could stay. Magic Mountain is still my favorite park and has the best collection of coasters out there. It is doable in a day, as long as you get there when it opens. Knott's Berry Farm is worth it, and despite what everyone says, GhostRider is amazing. Back row first drop *drools* oh how I miss it! From there you have both Disney parks, and Sea World an hour and a half drive away. Both Disney parks, which would require a 2 day park hopper, or three if you don't want to rush it.

Driving can get tricky, but if you follow this one rule, "NEVER take the 5," you will be fine. There are many other freeways that get you where you need to go in half the time. You can go from Disneyland to SFMM in about an hour and ten minutes, KBF to DLR in 15 minutes, Sea World to DLR in hour and a half, and mix and match from there. If you wanted, you could easily go to Hollywood and try and catch a filming of a late night show, or depending on the time of year, a filming of a sitcom. All of that is a blast. What is really fun is people watching in Hollyweird. Total blast. Once the lights go out, it's even better! Obviously the beach would probably be included, and the best beach in the entire state is north of Malibu, its called Leo Carillo. I spent every spring break there for 15 years, and it is amazing. There is a campground attached which is amazing as well. The beach constantly has movies being filmed there, caves to explore, (found a pit in one of the caves that we dropped a stick in and never heard it land so that was fun) and its amazing.
Lodging wise, it depends if you want to stay one place the entire time, or jump around. If you spend one day at SFMM and the rest in the Orange County area, KBF, DLR, your best choice is Anaheim. They have the best hotels and at a good rate.

A 7 day trip could look like this:
1. SFMM
2. KBF/Sightseeing in LA as KBF only takes a matter of three hours
3. DLR
4. DLR
5. DLR or beach
6. Sea World or beach
7. Show filming or sight seeing

Really, the possibilities are endless out there. If you have anymore questions about that area, don't hesitate to ask, because I can tell you everything from which side streets to take to which oddball restaurants you need to go to.