What's new

Best floorless

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I really don't like Dominator - it feels... Wrong? I dunno. Something about it is wrong. It's the one I've ridden the most, but it's forgettable even alongside Kings Dominion's weird assortment. You'd think the opposite would be true. I'm also not sure if the lack of zero g has anything to do with it... It feels like it turns too much? Dunno, any thoughts?

Kraken is my favourite by far. The rest I've done are forgettable. Floorless is the worst gimmick. Adds nothing.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Scream isn't that bad. Actually kind of enjoyable.

Haven't ridden any other floorless coasters thinking about it. Weird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ketchup

Mega Poster
I find them quite hard to differentiate.

Apart from Kraken and Medusa at the top I'd say they are pretty much 6 or 7/10 rides. If I had to rank them I'd probably put them in this order:

1. Kraken
2. Medusa
3. Bizarro
4. Hydra
5. Dominator (this would be higher but it had quite a bit of headbanging)
6. Scream (I know it's a clone of Bizarro but it didn't seem as enjoyable for some strange reason)
7. Daemonen
8. Rougarou
9. Dark Knight

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hixee said:
For me:

1. Superman Krypton Coaster, Six Flags Fiesta Texas
The cliffside setting of Superman wins it for me.

2. Medusa, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
A very solid layout.

3. Kraken, SeaWorld Orlando
Another 'classic' B&M.

4. Bizarro, Six Flags Great Adventure
Umm...?

5. Dæmonen,Tivoli Gardens
I did like this, but it was very short. Extra points for being different too.

6. Batman - The Dark Knight, Six Flags New England
Quite fun, but quite short!

7. Rougarou, Cedar Point
I rode it as Mantis, which is basically the same thing, and thought it had a nice layout. A monster of a B&M!

8. Hydra the Revenge, Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom
I actually quite like the Jo-Jo Roll, but the rest of the ride is relatively dull.

9. Scream!, Six Flags Magic Mountain
Nothing really wrong with the layout, but it's just a bit... ****?

I should be getting these two this season, so I'll have to see where they rank - I've heard good things about both of them.
Superman / la Atracción de Acero, Parque Warner Madrid
Dominator, Kings Dominion

So I rode Superman / la Atracción de Acero today and... it's alright.

The layout is great, probably one of the best. The straight drop, cobra roll and airtime hill are pretty great, and I quite like the twisty ending.

Unfortunately, it has a pretty noticeable vibration in all of the high-G areas. It was particularly bad in between the loop and the immelmann. I thought at first it might have just been the back row, but it felt the same in both the front and the middle.

It probably takes number 5 or 6 spot for me. If it wasn't as shakey I think it'd be up at 2 or 3.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Haven't been on any, but I would say Superman Krypton Coaster and Bizarro look the best. Riding Rougarou this summer.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I've only done Scream! so far, so I guess that wins it by default, although I'm not a big fan of it...

trav1089

Roller Poster
Hydra or Dominator for me. Dominator has the best loop on any floorless I've been on. Hydra is the most unique of any B&M IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
Might as well update mine.

1. Kraken
2. Bizarro
3. Rougarou
4. Batman the Dark Knight

Rougarou was good fun, a lot smoother than I thought it would be too. The inversions are okay, but the best part is that little whip just after the incline loop.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
1. Hydra- Loved the Jojo roll, loved the interaction with the hillside, good mix of floater and inversions. Very solid ride and my favorite in the park, not to mention the biggest surprise of the trip!
2. Batman: The Dark Knight- I kept forgetting this thing was even at the park all day but it was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting it to be terrible but it was actually really good. Less headbanging than I was planning for, pretty colors, fun inversions, cool riverside location, I rather enjoyed it. Would have enjoyed it more had Chris and Emily not forced me to sit in a mysterious moist substance on the seat but I still liked it.
3. Bizarro- Dark Knight I kept forgetting about, this one I was flat out dreading after the beating I took on Scream. Scream was cloned from this, so I was expecting this to be way worse. However, this was actually better. Much smoother, better maintained, there was a theme present, and they upgraded from disused parking lot to grass. Like this one way better.
4. Rougarou- First half is good, love the inclined loop, but after the corkscrew the **** hits the fan sadly.
5. Scream- Worst B&M I've been on. Ugly structure, ugly location, ugly throbbing in my head as it beat me up. B&M made some pretty bad stand ups but none hold a candle to this awful thing.

If all goes according to plan I'll have Dominator next year (and wash away the stain of that nasty spite back in 2010 as I was getting into enthusiasm), Krypton Coaster in 2018, and from there all I'll need left in the States will be Medusa and Kraken. So as far as these go in my country, I'm a little over halfway done, but the only one I have yet to ride I could see becoming my favorite over Hydra might be Krypton Coaster.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Added Krypton Coaster-
1. Superman Krypton Coaster
2. Rougarou
Krypton Coaster is fantabulous. Although the whole experience with VR queues and not being able to get a single front row ride the whole time I was there put a bit of a damper on the experience. The coaster itself is great though. One of my favorite B&Ms.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I remember we had a topic like this and I just recently added another floorless and man, it's been a while since I've updated this set!

1. Hydra- Loved the Jojo roll, loved the interaction with the hillside, good mix of floater and inversions. Very solid ride and my favorite in the park, not to mention the biggest surprise of the trip!
2. Dominator- Just rode this for the first time recently and I loved it! The first half of this ride does exactly what a floorless should do: plenty of height, high flips, the sense of exposure, it felt like I was flying and it did it perfectly. Second half is nice and snappy too, I love the corkscrews! Very solid second favorite, just edged out the one below it.
3. Batman: The Dark Knight- I never hear about this coaster and I wasn't expecting anything special at all, but I actually really enjoyed it. Solid pacing, good combination of inversions, and it's actually one of the smoother floorless ones out there. It actually isn't that bad and I was expecting quite the beating out of it.
4. Bizarro- Pretty colors but the layout is just really uninspired for some reason and it didn't feel like it stood out at all. Though for a prototype, it's pretty good.
5. Rougarou- First half is good, love the inclined loop, but after the corkscrew the :emoji_zipper_mouth: hits the fan sadly.
6. Scream- Worst B&M I've been on. Ugly structure, ugly location, ugly throbbing in my head as it beat me up. B&M made some pretty bad stand ups but none hold a candle to this awful thing. UPDATE: It's still pretty horrendous but Apocalypse at SFA is worse.

Only need Superman Krypton Coaster (next year, hopefully!), Kraken, Patriot and Medusa and I'll have all the US ones!

Edward M

Strata Poster
Meh, I'll give this a go.

1. Superman Krypton Coaster- easy, it's just amazing. A nearly perfect B&M looper. I have a big soft spot for big B&M loopers in general, and this is one of the best.
2. Scream!- It doesn't look amazing, but it rode amazing for me. Classic B&M whip on those inversions.
3. Batman: the Dark Knight SFNE- don't get the hate for this at all. It was forceful, smooth, and enjoyable. Had a great time with this.
4. Dominator- It's been too long since I've ridden this to properly comment, but it was fine from memory. I actually prefer the usual B&M looper layout though, personally. It may be a bit unoriginal, but it, almost, always works.
5. Sheikra- I mean this is a floorless coaster. I found this kind of bland and forceless. However, its highlights keep it from the bottom. Both drops are amazing, the splashdown is fun, and the theming is top notch. This bumps it up above...
6. Kraken- What a bunch of bleh. Forceless for a B&M Looper and not well themed enough for Seaworld. With Mako and Manta nearby, this ride just kind of, exists.
7. Bizarro- Ehhhhh. Felt no real forces here. Was hoping this would be better than Scream, but it just wasn't. The theming was decent (loved the fire), but it couldn't make up for the blandness.

Last edited:

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Oh, only 3, that's not gone well.

1. Superman la Atraccion de Acero, Parque Warner Madrid - So goood, it used to be in my top 10, in the mad Madrid heat it was like a hairdryer in the face and loved it.
2. Rougarou, Cedar Point - Really forceful and enjoyable, would not have wanted to ride this as Mantis I don't think!
3. Kraken, SeaWorld Orlando - I don't reallllly remember that much of it, great first drop, but then from memory it just meanders around a bit?

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Only 3 (If Dive coasters Count)
1. Griffon: I felt like this was VERY smooth! I liked it more than Valravn.
2. Rougarrou: Has one bad train, and the one train is REALLY bad. The other two are great though! Very forceful.
3. Valravn: Very Smooth, but very forceless. The inversions and the drop are good though!

Edward M

Strata Poster
1. Superman Krypton Coaster- easy, it's just amazing. A nearly perfect B&M looper. I have a big soft spot for big B&M loopers in general, and this is one of the best.
2. Scream!- It doesn't look amazing, but it rode amazing for me. Classic B&M whip on those inversions.
3. Dominator- It's been too long since I've ridden this to properly comment, but it was fine from memory. I actually prefer the usual B&M looper layout though, personally.
4. Kraken- It's quite solid with a cool color scheme and look. Rides fine.
5. Batman: the Dark Knight SFNE- don't get the hate for this at all. It was forceful, smooth, and enjoyable. Had a great time with this.
6. Bizarro- Ehhhhh. Felt no real forces here. Was hoping this would be better than Scream, but it just wasn't. The theming was decent (loved the fire), but it couldn't make up for the blandness.
7. Rougarou- Just didn't work well for me. Intense but not in a particularly fun way. Meh.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I think my list probably goes something like this:

1 - Superman La Atracción de Acero (Warner Madrid) - A genuinely great ride.
2 - Batman - The Dark Knight (Six Flags New England) - I seem to remember this being a bit more interesting than some of the other floorless coasters.
3 - Dominator (Kings Dominion) - Fairly solid all around if I remember rightly.
4 - Dæmonen (Tivoli Gardens) - I actually quite enjoy this one, in spite of its small size and short layout.
5 - Hydra (Dorney Park) - Ouch. If it's still as rough as it was in 2008, Hydra can sod right off. It was genuinely unpleasant, which is a shame, as the layout looks fab.