What's new

Best / Favorite Arrow Mine Trains

exodus

Roller Poster
I know these aren't anyone's favorite coasters, but nearly every park has got one, I like them for what they are, and I'm curious to hear opinions about the best that are out there. (I searched and didn't see this topic here or, oddly, anywhere online*...sorry if it's been discussed already and I overlooked it).

I've only ridden five, but I'd rank them:
Carolina Goldrusher, Cedar Creek Mine Train, Dahlonega Mine Train, Adventure Express, and in a pretty distant last Gold Rusher at Magic Mountain.

* Never mind, there's a reddit topic from a few months back, but you can still discuss it here if you want.

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I know these aren't anyone's favorite coasters, but nearly every park has got one

Well, no. No they don't. There's, what, about 14 of them?

Anyway, probably Thunderation, or that one at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Unless we're including that Excalibur thing at Valleyfair, then maybe that.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Thunderation, by a mile!

None of the others did anything for me, although I did like the one at SFOT, when I was 10!

Last edited:

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
^ Not to be too picky @DelPiero, but Colorado Adventure and Mine Train Ulven are not Arrow mine trains ;)

I always get quite nostalgic over a mine train, and these Arrow ones are generally some of the oldest so even if they’re a bit unexciting, I do quite enjoy them. My rankings:

Thunderation, Silver Dollar City (easy winner)
Adventure Express, Kings Island
Diablo - Tren de la Mina, PortAventura Park
Road Runner Express, Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Runaway Mine Train, Six Flags Over Texas (probably higher bc it was a night ride)
Runaway Mine Train, Six Flags Great Adventure
Gold Rusher, Six Flags Magic Mountain
Carolina Goldrusher, Carowinds
Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Cedar Point
Dahlonega Mine Train, Six Flags Over Georgia
Trailblazer, Hersheypark

Howie

Donkey in a hat
To be fair, I had to check RCDB to find out which were Arrows and which were Vekomas.
But yeah.....
1. Thunderation.

(Huuuuge gap)

Assorted junk - Diablo, Cedar Creek, Gold Rusher, the SFGAdv one, the SFStL one, the KI one (whatever they're all called). All rubbish.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
The only one I've ever been on was Adventure Express @ KI, and we all know how exciting that one was...

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
In my experience, for some reason many think Carolina Goldrusher is a great ride. No. It’s not.
Thunderation looks phenomenal though, I gotta get to SDC sometime.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Out of 3 Arrow mine trains that I've ridden, I can easily say that the Carolina Goldrusher is my least favorite, and Adventure Express is my favorite. CG really just did nothing and for some reason it felt forever for one train to complete the circuit, when in reality the ride really doesn't do much. Adventure Express, however, is really fun and has some really good turns. CCMR is just there, it's better than CG but no where near as good as AE.
Adventure Express
CCMR
Carolina Goldrusher.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I actually quite enjoy the Arrow mine trains. For my favorite I think I'm gonna say Runaway Mine Train at Great Adventure just because of that sweet little airtime hill that's hidden towards the end of the ride.

Snoo

The Legend
Thunderation, Silver Dollar City (of course)
Adventure Express, Kings Island

I love AE for how absurdly dumb the ending is and Thunderation because it is actually good. The rest? I mean they exist.. lol

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Mine train, SFGAdv
Trailblazer, Hersheypark
Diablo, Portaventura

While top 2 aren't particularly interesting themselves, Diablo is literally Lift Hill: The Ride and it never does anything interesting with them.