What's new

Best Dark ride in UK.

Best Dark ride in UK?

• Total voters

INfusionBPBrules!

Roller Poster
Hi there,
As a newbie to the group, it's great to post stuff to see what other folk think of rides.
Anyway, here goes..
Top three DARK rides in the UK which you've been on.. This can include water rides too.
For me personally..
1 Wallace and Grommit Thrill-omatic ( BPB)
2 Gruffalo ( Chessington)
3 Duel ( Alton Towers)
I'm sure VALHALLA will feature in this if I can eventually get on the ride and it's open. ..
And obviously, the poll below..

Matt N

CF Legend
Out of the ones I've ridden, I'd say Hex. Can you please add that as a poll option, if you wouldn't mind?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Hmm, Valhalla is better than Hex, but the trouble is I'd class Valhalla as a water ride. Yes, I know it's in the dark, but it's a water ride in the dark, rather than a dark ride on water, ya get me?
With that in mind, I'd vote for Hex.
If it ever opens again, I'd also throw Nemesis: Sub Terra a vote - I'm one of the few people who actually liked it.

INfusionBPBrules!

Roller Poster
Hex wins.

I wouldn't class water rides as dark rides at all really, seperate classification.
You have River Caves twice.
Astro Storm and Walking Dead are coasters
Ah, indeed I have. Good spot
Hex wins.

I wouldn't class water rides as dark rides at all really, seperate classification.
You have River Caves twice.
Astro Storm and Walking Dead are coasters
I have indeed. Good spot!! It's quite a controversial issue what you class as a Dark ride and a Water ride but see your point. And the latter are coasters but included them in this thread as " Dark rides" as the poll isn't specifically about flat rides.

spicy

Giga Poster
The fact the multi million pound Derren Brown's Ghost train hasn't even been mentioned shows what a steaming pile of turd it is.

Hex for me too by a long stretch. Shout out to the original Terror Tomb and Haunted House before they were ruined by laser guns too.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
DBGT:ROTD wins it for me (When it was working correctly last year mind you). Closely followed by Hex then Gruffalo.

X, I enjoyed when I rode it in Summer 2017 due to the fun factor dunno how I'm gonna feel now it's TWD:TR but it seems pretty good.

I'm not keen on Tomb Blaster or Duel as they are shooter dark rides with a lot of machinery and warehouse visible. (Even after both refurbs).

Ninjago is also worth a mention but it seemed paint was falling off after less than a few months of opening...

Not necessarily a dark ride but it has dark ride sections but I liked Excalibur at Drayton Manor when I rode it, Sad to see it SBNO.

Oh and The Haunting is pretty good (Post refurb) although it's a bit cliche/cheesy.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Has to be Valhalla for me, one of my all time favourite non coasters

On a slightly related topic can anyone remember a walk through haunted house at Flamingo land called Bloombergs tomb of terror as I thought that was great but it wasn't open very long? I know it is more of a walkthrough but the topic reminded me of it

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
No Brean terror castle? I'm writing to my MP!

Used to love gold mine at BPB! and if we're including Hex, I'd also add trauma towers!

Oh - and black revolver and golden nuggets at drayton.

and seeing as we've got some coasters - may as well include Raptor attack at LWV..

Will

Strata Poster
I'm hoping we were meant to pick 3 for what to vote for, as that's what I've done.

Valhalla's an obvious winner, the best non-coaster ride in the UK for my money. I can easily ride Valhalla several times in one visit, whereas I wouldn't say the same of Hex.
Hex is brilliant as well, for the reasons Sue's stated and because of the music.
Duel was ****e when I did it a few weeks ago, but on its day, it's a worthy bronze medal winner.

Agree that the poll's probably missing a lot of dark rides.

Lofty

CF Legend
Hex, and quite frankly, nothing comes close. It's incredibly immersive, cohesive and dripping in elegance (minus the disgusting yellow tape they threw up everywhere).

Temleh

Mega Poster
Hex, and quite frankly, nothing comes close. It's incredibly immersive, cohesive and dripping in elegance (minus the disgusting yellow tape they threw up everywhere).

The tape is mostly gone this season.

I would've voted for Over The Hill before they absolutely wrecked it.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Depending on whether we're doing water rides or not, it's either Valhalla or Hex for me. Valhalla has so much going on and Hex is legendary with my favourite musical score of anywhere. I can't think of anything else anything close. (I haven't done DBGT but judging by the reactions, it wouldn't be up there for me)