What's new

Best Coaster Names

Edward M

Strata Poster
With the worst coaster names thread, I thought a counter-balance of best coaster names would make an interesting thread! Thread's pretty self explanatory, and... you're not reading this anyway probably. Eh, all good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would say one of the best is Kumba, simple but a perfect description of the coaster. I'd also say El Toro, Outlaw Run, Maverick, Eejanaika, Nemesis, and Raven. Simple names (other than Eejanaika but I just love the sound of it) that seem perfect for their respective rides. Interested to see others' opinions!

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
I like names that are fun to say:
Gipfelsturmer
Cocinelle
Batman la Fuga
Tuff-Tuff Taget

1424256310ZZ6078.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
As long as the name isn't extended by a sponsoring brand name, I'm kind of fond of The Big One. Very simple and to-the-point, but it immediately evokes the right image in parkgoers' heads. It doesn't pretend to do anything fancy, and it's neither an obscure technical word or a foreign phrase. It just suggest it's a really big ride. Not that it means the coaster itself is any good, but as a name, it works brilliantly.

sandgrown

Mega Poster
As long as the name isn't extended by a sponsoring brand name, I'm kind of fond of The Big One. Very simple and to-the-point, but it immediately evokes the right image in parkgoers' heads. It doesn't pretend to do anything fancy, and it's neither an obscure technical word or a foreign phrase. It just suggest it's a really big ride. Not that it means the coaster itself is any good, but as a name, it works brilliantly.
Also very Blackpool. A saucy postcard double entendre for anyone wanting one.

MysticOrb

Roller Poster
I actually think that the upcoming coaster at Blackpool, Icon is a very cool name – probably my favourite of all. If I had to say a name of a former coaster, I’d say that the name ‘Moonsault Scrambler’ really got to me. For the time being, my favourite coaster name is either Alpengeist or Steel Venom. Alpengeist is just a cool word in itself, while Steel Venom just rolls smoothly off your tongue

Last edited:

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
In my opinion, anything that has "Steel" (except for Steel Vengeance) aren't the best.

Anyways, some of my favorites are Steel Vengeance, Maverick, and Banshee. All unique, all fit what the ride does.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
In what way does 'Banshee' describe the ride experience?

I generally prefer punchy single-word names like Nemesis and Oblivion. Not too generic though, so 'Shockwave', for example, doesn't have the same effect for me.

Will

Strata Poster
Slightly off-topic, but the TV was talking about Helvellyn (an English mountain, apparently) the other day, which I initially assumed was a swedish coaster.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
British mountains make the best coaster names:
Hillvellyn
Scarfell Spike
Ben 10 Nevis (Ben Lawers if it spites)
Wacky Cairn Gorm
Great Cumbrian Gable Machine
Plus, all the Welsh ones would suit a Lord of the Rings theme.

(the things you do to put off work...)

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
'Nemesis' Enough said...

It's creative and it works so well with the theme.

Oh and it was came up with by two drunk guys called Nick Varney and John Wardley.

Will

Strata Poster
^
After a bit of a debate, I offered Nick Varney a southern comfort the only time I met him. Apparently he doesn't drink it any more.
Since it seems to cause his best ideas, this explains a lot.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Really like Busch Gardens's 1990s names:

Alpengeist
Kumba
Montu
even Drachen's Fire.

They're all unique, foreign and exotic and sound great imo :)

Shambhala also is pretty distinctive and on-point.

sandgrown

Mega Poster
I liked Zipper Dipper but it's now been rebranded with some Nickelodeon ****. Blue Flyer I think. Why make the name ****ter?