• Ice Breaker

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Mako

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Kraken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manta

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Journey to Atlantis (does this count? Lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

InvertsAreMyJam

Roller Poster
I’m going to SeaWorld sometime in the spring, and want to see what coasters are worth my time. I want to see the animals, so I can’t ride them all.

Matt N

CF Legend
For me, it just has to be Mako!

I’ve now ridden all 7 of SeaWorld’s coasters, and would rank and rate them as follows:
  1. Mako (10/10, #1/111)
  2. Ice Breaker (10/10, #9/111)
  3. Kraken (8/10, #24/111)
  4. Pipeline: The Surf Coaster (5/10, #60/111)
  5. Manta (4/10, #79/111)
  6. Journey to Atlantis (4/10, #80/111)
  7. Super Grover’s Box Car Derby (3/10, #93/111)
They actually have a really decent top 3, with the top 2 in particular really shining, in my view, but things definitely drop a bit once you leave that top 3 for me.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
For me, it just has to be Mako!

I’ve now ridden all 7 of SeaWorld’s coasters, and would rank and rate them as follows:
  1. Mako (10/10, #1/111)
  2. Ice Breaker (10/10, #9/111)
  3. Kraken (8/10, #24/111)
  4. Pipeline: The Surf Coaster (5/10, #60/111)
  5. Manta (4/10, #79/111)
  6. Journey to Atlantis (4/10, #80/111)
  7. Super Grover’s Box Car Derby (3/10, #93/111)
They actually have a really decent top 3, with the top 2 in particular really shining, in my view, but things definitely drop a bit once you leave that top 3 for me.
You must have ridden Ice Breaker without the comfort collars?

I'm intrigued, as it had a lot going for it, but that was completely and utterly destroyed by the pain of those collars.

Matt N

CF Legend
You must have ridden Ice Breaker without the comfort collars?

I'm intrigued, as it had a lot going for it, but that was completely and utterly destroyed by the pain of those collars.
That is correct. The comfort collars were gone when I rode Ice Breaker. I was spited by Tigris at Busch Gardens, so I didn’t actually get to experience them at all on my recent trip, but it does not take much imagination for me to see how they might have really ruined the ride.

I found the trains a bit of a faff to get into and out of, but the restraints didn’t overly bother me once I was sat down, unlike something like, say, Colossus or Olympia Looping.

In terms of the coaster itself; I had pretty low expectations after hearing it get widely middling to negative reviews, but I was extremely pleasantly surprised! I thought that the swing launch with the airtime pops and Jr Scorpion Tail was great fun, there was surprisingly excellent ejector airtime littered throughout, and while not the most intense by any means, I found the ride as a whole to be fast-paced, airtime-filled, thrilling and just really good fun!

As you correctly predicted, I did ride it without the comfort collars, but I absolutely loved it; even though it was usurped to the title of my favourite new coaster of the trip by a few other rides, it was arguably the sleeper hit of my June trip to Florida!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
That is correct. The comfort collars were gone when I rode Ice Breaker. I was spited by Tigris at Busch Gardens, so I didn’t actually get to experience them at all on my recent trip, but it does not take much imagination for me to see how they might have really ruined the ride.

I found the trains a bit of a faff to get into and out of, but the restraints didn’t overly bother me once I was sat down, unlike something like, say, Colossus or Olympia Looping.

In terms of the coaster itself; I had pretty low expectations after hearing it get widely middling to negative reviews, but I was extremely pleasantly surprised! I thought that the swing launch with the airtime pops and Jr Scorpion Tail was great fun, there was surprisingly excellent ejector airtime littered throughout, and while not the most intense by any means, I found the ride as a whole to be fast-paced, airtime-filled, thrilling and just really good fun!

As you correctly predicted, I did ride it without the comfort collars, but I absolutely loved it; even though it was usurped to the title of my favourite new coaster of the trip by a few other rides, it was arguably the sleeper hit of my June trip to Florida!
I think the collars were worse on Ice Breaker, they didn't seem to be as much of an issue on Tigris. This is probably because the air time seems much snappier on Ice Breaker. The air time is the reason I think the ride could be great without the collars, it has some surprising moments, but they were just being crushed by the collars. Can't wait to get back on it next year without the collars.

As a big and tall lad, the seats are a little bit of a faff, but not too much of a struggle, I slid into them the same way I'd climb into a small sports car haha. I was worried before riding, looking at the seats from the queue line, but having planned my boarding strategy, (haha, not something you say for every coaster!) It worked fine with no issues.

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster
I voted Kraken because it is my favorite of the 4 I've ridden. I need Mako, Ice Breaker and Pipeline creds.

Mako isn't that great. No positives, and mild airtime. If you want sustained ejector on the other hand, go to Ice Breaker. Even with comfort collars, it still wins. Just more intense and more unique.