What's new

Best and Worst restraint?

iac17

Mega Poster
Which is your favourite coaster restraint ?(mine are the RMC one)
Which one is your least favourite (i would say the Arrow one)
Feel free to lock the thread if has already been done

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Best lapbar: Mack/Intamin (Taron style)
Best OTSR: B&M vests

Worst lapbar: GCI (they pinch my legs):
Worst OTSR: older B&M / Vekoma SLC, no give in them if you're big and/or tall!

Sandman

Giga Poster
Obviously not a coaster but.... **** me this wasn't called Submission for nothing. Vulgar restraints, I tell thee!

38574477500_4fa1a75473_z.jpg

Edward M

Strata Poster
Best: B&M clamshells and Buzz Bars
Worst: Superman SFNE for hurting a fantastic ride. So bulky, ugly and uncomfortable. Shoutout to Thunderbolt Coney Island, absolutely horrid.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Best are the Mack Mega ones, they're so snug.

Least favourite has to be the ones you get on S&S rides like El Locos and Slammer where the lap and shoulder section are separate. They dig in hard to your shoulders and they don't look sturdy enough to hold your upper body in place which makes me a bit nervous (even though they always work fine!)

Special mention goes to the seat belts on Tower of Terror which let your body float outrageously far out of the seat. I also like how on RMC restraints there's nothing to hold on to so you have to sit there with your hands in your lap. Makes it feel much scarier and more exposed.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Best: New-style Mack/Intamin lapbars.
Worst: Old style Arrow/Vekoma OTSRs. Being tall, I can hardly fit into them and really dig into my shoulders when I do fit.

Snow

Roller Poster
Worst: Old style Arrow/Vekoma OTSRs. Being tall, I can hardly fit into them and really dig into my shoulders when I do fit.

Oh yes, the restraints that were designed for midgets. But oddly enough, despite being way too tall for them, I think they make the ride more enjoyable than if I did fit and the shoulder restraints came up to my head. I may have to slouch on arrow loopers, but I'm also spared from headbanging due to my head being above the restraints. Probably explains why I like Viper as much as I do.