What's new

Best and worst queue line

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Harry Potter Forbidden Journey - Loved it
Flying Dutchman - Loved it
Xpress Platform 13 - Loved it

Anything at PA - Hated it
Winjas - Hated it ( ****ing hell Conor!)
Anything at Thorpe - Hated it

Theme your queue, ride interactions help, but put some effort in. Most parks just don't bother at all and it shows.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
WORST:
As Sue said - Dragon's fury has a vile queue
Helix for me was a horrible maze of a cattle pen, that completely stops you from seeing any aspect of the ride

BEST:
Oz Iris had a pretty fab queue going through an Egyptian pyramid-style bulding
The Dragon - yes I know we're all adults here, but Legoland Windsor's Dragon has a great little queue.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
^ If it's a 10 min or less wait then sure, but the outside area for any long period of time is torture.

Oh it's been ages since I bothered to wait in the outdoor queue (probably the GhosterForce when we had the inflatable pumpkin), so I'd pushed it from my mind, but you're right it's disgusting.

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
Nemesis' and Thirteen's are okay. Rita's is gross if there's more than a 20 minute queue. Smiler's isn't great either but being under the ride helps it be a bit more interesting.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Ignoring actual operations, the worst queue for me is one that has guests waiting for a long time in direct, baking sun with no relief. Some that come to mind: Coast Rider at KBF, Wicked Cyclone and Pandemonium at SFNE, and maybe the Bobsleds at SFGE.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
WORST:
As Sue said - Dragon's fury has a vile queue
Helix for me was a horrible maze of a cattle pen, that completely stops you from seeing any aspect of the ride.

I totally agree. I was massively unimpressed with the helix queue. It's really oppressive in some parts with the low concrete ceilings. Blergh.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Ahh yes - the flying Dutchman q fills me with joy, and then the ride bores the hell out of you!

worst - the haunting at drayton - how the heck long is it between letting one lot in and the next lot??

Edward M

Strata Poster
Disney World's queues, while usually long, keep you indoors which is a blessing on those hot, hot Florida days. The best would be Flight of Passage for me though Indiana Jones, Harry Potter FJ/Gringotts and Journey to the Center of the Earth are all great contenders.

The worst, for me, would likely be Dudley Do-Right. It barely moves, repeats the same jokes over and over, and keeps you in the sun for far too long. Though it has theming, I'll take the unshaded queue pen in any other state over an unshaded queue pen in Florida. Quick shoutout to the Batman clones, nothing like being in the equivalent of a human microwave with those horrid tunnels.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Best - Avatar: FOP. 3 hours flew by and I don't even like the film.

Honourable mention to Tidal Wave circa 2000-2008 on a hot summers day. Incredible views and theming with wonderful music on WWTP radio.

Worst - Another shout for Dragons Fury. Last time it took about 40 mins from the drinks kiosk ffs.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
For me one of the worst is the Schweizer Bobbahn at Europa-Park, because the smell of the cheese fondue stall make me wanna puke, and the line of that coaster is way too long for how boring it is.
Best one for me is Wodan again.

Dar

Hyper Poster
I actually really enjoyed the queue for Battle Galleons at Towers. The ride is poop, and you never really get to enjoy the whole thing because it never has a wait

*battens down the hatches*

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
The one that always comes to mind for me for a good queue is Saw at Thorpe Park with all the theming to do with the film and the sirens going off used to give me a shock when I was waiting to go on the ride

Some of the Disney ones like Test Track at Epcot and as mentioned above Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom are pretty good too

When it first opened Oblivions seemed amazing but it hasn't held up over time

A bad one was Magnum force at Flamingoland which just never seemed long enough

Hutch

Strata Poster
I completely forgot about Batman: The Ride's queue line. They had one train operations when I rode it and the wait was at least an hour. You could barely get a sense of how close your were to the station. Absolutely terrible.

Both Forbidden Journey/Gringotts are the standout favorites for me.

Would like to mention Jimmy Fallon's Race Through New York of all rides. Not too sure if it's still like this (I did it during technical rehearsal, so it's possible they tweaked it), but instead of a queue you're given a color card and you just wait in the building until your group color gets called. I n the meantime, there's some interesting stuff in the building for you to check out and you can always just chill on the couches.