What's new

Best 4 hours of Thorpe's year!

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Today me and Brad went to thorpe for the first time since 'cutting edge' having not been on SAW(ever) or Stealth(this year).

Things were not looking good before we left seeing as there website said SAW was not open but we decided to go anyway for Stealth, Rush ect....
We left Gantshill station at 7.30am and headed to Waterloo. Had breakfast in Mcdonalds and then went to platform 19 to get the train to Staines. When we arrived there was an almost empty 'chav express' bus with hardly any chavs. We got to the park at 9.45 to find out that 'ALL' rides were open!!

We ran straight to SAW along with most people that were there. When we was almost there we realised that there were a few people ahead of us but luckily they were complete goons and ran straight into the Colosus queue. :)

Whilst waiting for the SAW queue to open we saw 'Ewen' (Owen) working there who I met last year at GF. He lead us onto the first train of the day and it was really good. (My review of SAW is in the Saw topic). After this we headed over to Stealth and as we got there they opened the queue so we got on it instantly. We then ran around to go on it again and when we was at the front of the line(10mins), 2 little girls decided they were too scared to ride in the front row so we offered to swap with them and we got front row with a 10min que :--D

We then went on N.Inferno (20mins) and it was as good as always. We headed back over to ride SAW a bit more and Owen was working in the fast-pass queue so he let us on it without queueing :) We went on SAW another 3 times in 30mins and also got the ORP. We decided on the last time to go in the second train because we heard there's an extra part in the dark but it wasn't a major differance.

After this we went on Rush twice in 15mins and realised that we had done everything we wanted to in 4hours. It just shows that when everything is open, Thorpe can be a *very* good park. Slammer was also open but I didn't bother.

Seeing as I had to be home by 5:15 for football we decided to leave at 2:00 having done everything we wanted and with a smile on our face.

Overall, it was a great day and I hope Thorpe can be more consistant like they was today and thanks Owen for the fastpass on SAW saving us a few hours :)

Ride Count:
-Rush x2
-N.Inferno x1
-Stealth x2 (1 front row)
-SAW x4 (2 front, 2 back)
-SAW shop x1 (1 ORP)
-Mcdonalds x1 (breakfast)

Photo's will be uploaded later tonight when I get home :)

peep

CF Legend
Sounds like you had a good day. What was the weather like though 'cause it was raining quite heavy at times here, Thorpe isn't fun in the rain.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Sunny most of the day ^

It started light raining whilst in the queue for Stealth but it only lasted about 5mins so overall it was really nice.

Ollie

CF Legend
The only thing that could make that day better would be seeing another cat asleep on top of the ticket machine. :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Sounds like you two had an epic day at Thorpe :D

Great to know that Stealth is back up and running, which next time I go Thorpe I'll head for straight away. After all, it has been 6 moths since I last rode it :p

ryan462

Hyper Poster
^ Stealth was nice to ride seeing as its been almost 6 months but not so great when it was raining because hitting rain at 80mph kinda hurts....

Luckily the rain stopped when we went on it in the front row :)