What's new

Ben Ten Alien Thing - Junior Boomerang, DMP

Dave

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
Shockwave's queue has been redone, as has Splash Canyon...

Please say they've put it outside or in a space that isn't 2ft wide and steaming hot.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Dave said:
Nemesis Inferno said:
Shockwave's queue has been redone, as has Splash Canyon...

Please say they've put it outside or in a space that isn't 2ft wide and steaming hot.

Unfortunately not that kind of redone... But it's been repainted... Which makes a big improvement...

Still gonna be stuffy as **** though...

Will

Strata Poster
Let's be honest.
Shockwave's queue couldn't be any worse than it was before, so any effort is good effort. Similarly, this coaster can't be any worse than G-Force. :)
As I'll have said before, I love surprising family coasters (Pegasus, the awesome yellow things at Toverland and Didiland to name but a few) and think there's a chance of this being among their number... It's nothing if not a bit different.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Now they've done them up, I hope they start to use both of Shockwave's trains, I'm yet to actually see them both in use, and I've been there at peak times before, so god knows when they use them both.

Oh, and get a second bloody train for G-Force too!

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Shockwaves trains are generally only both used in summer or bank holidays as the loading times for them so long the train is back in station before the other is dispatched.

UnleashedLlama

Roller Poster
One thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet is the fact that Black Revolver is all boarded up and not mentioned on the park map. I went on Sunday, and having never ridden Black Relvolver, I was gutted to see it boarded up. :(

On the plus side, Ben 10 looks a fun little ride. :)

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
A few pictures of the Shockwave trains (taken last Saturday):

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Trains look good, I think I preferred the old colours, although change is great and they needed a re-paint so good move drayton. I assume they were just running one train last weekend then? I hear the second train has been painted blue.

UnleashedLlama said:
One thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet is the fact that Black Revolver is all boarded up and not mentioned on the park map. I went on Sunday, and having never ridden Black Relvolver, I was gutted to see it boarded up. :(

It's not there anymore, it was sold to travelling showman Ross Woodford at the end of the 2010 season.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Danzibarr said:
Trains look good, I think I preferred the old colours, although change is great and they needed a re-paint so good move drayton. I assume they were just running one train last weekend then? I hear the second train has been painted blue.

From what I could see, they were only operating the one train. I preferred the old colours too. There's nothing very nautical about a red train :|

Nic - I didn't notice any wet paint :p

Jake

Strata Poster
Like Tom said, running both trains on Shockwave has very little impact on the throughput because of all the faff when loading... the other train is usually behind it waiting for a good couple of minutes, and there's no offload section (even though the station is EXCESSIVE and they could probably put one in). G force however has a ridiculously short loading time, and would benefit greatly from 2 trains. I've ALWAYS had to queue at least 20mins for G Force even when the park is empty, whereas Shockwave's queue barely spills out of the station section unless it's a peak day.

Anyway, I'm still in love with Ben (10), it looks fab, and it's good to see it from different angles. Actually can't wait to get this cred <3.

peep

CF Legend
It looks quite fast then it hits that tower and just dies, looks like the backwards part will be very slow. Still an interesting coaster though and I look forward to riding it at some point this year.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
^I think that the trains were not loaded with water dummies so that might slow down the coaster by a bit. Still, this looks very good and exciting in terms of family coasters! :)

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Pictures of Ben10

P1040524.jpg

P1040525.jpg

P1040526.jpg

P1040527.jpg

P1040528.jpg

P1040530.jpg

P1040531.jpg

P1040532.jpg

P1040535.jpg

P1040538.jpg

P1040539.jpg

P1040540.jpg

P1040541.jpg

P1040542.jpg

P1040543.jpg

P1040545.jpg

P1040546.jpg

P1040547.jpg

A builders guide on how to attach a camera to a ride using tape.

P1040550.jpg

P1040551.jpg

P1040552.jpg

P1040554.jpg

P1040555.jpg

ride entrance and stage above
P1040558.jpg

Pics copyright Drayton Manor Plus. ask permission if you would like to use.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Loving the builder's guide, especially where it's obvious in the 2nd to last one that the one facing away is pointing out the masking tape flaw...

Looks quirky still... I like...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Looking exactly as I thought it would: decent kiddy ride.

G-force said:
Pics copyright Drayton Manor Plus

I've just posted these pictures all over the place. Whoops! I suppose I should expect a letter from your lawyers about this blatant "copyright" infringement?