What's new

Been a while..

Raptor

Roller Poster
So my pc has been broken for a while now, but im up at my family in washington and we have a computer here. Too bad im only here for a few days. anyway I started working on somthing...

34749.png

It is a b&m floorless. 130 feet tall, hopefully I can figure out how to upload it (might need some help with that)
Tell me what you think, the gs stay in the green most of the time.

Raptor

Roller Poster
34750.png

The ride has been resupported with mostly custom supports, as well as smoothed out. Some scenery was added as well. Please comment on it on how it looks so far.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks alright. Can't really say a lot without riding it to see how good the trackwork is though.

Try using a site like MediaFire to upload your track. :p

Raptor

Roller Poster
Hixee said:
Looks alright. Can't really say a lot without riding it to see how good the trackwork is though.

Try using a site like MediaFire to upload your track. :p
Iv'e tried, but when I go on mediafire to choose a file to upload, it only shows the coasters that come with the game and none of the one's iv'e made.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They'll be set up as a hidden or compatibile file. NL **** them up on Windows 7 (I'm assuming you're on that, I've never had the problem with XP). Here's an idea, go into Windows Explorer and find the file (or where the file should be) and click "Compatibility Files", it should show up then. Then I suggest just trying to do the same thing in the upload window.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yup, that worked. I'll give you a review shortly, going out now.

Raptor

Roller Poster
Sorry about the big bump... I just never got any CC on this ride. Can someone please tell me what they think of it?

Xpress

Strata Poster
Here's a few I can make from the photos:

-Using prefabs is acceptable, granted they are used where appropriate. However it looks like you have used them throughout the track, especially at the tops of some of the inversions. Rule of thumb, B&M doesn't use supports at the tops of their inversions, aside from their Inverts where they use one at the top of the zero-g-roll.

They always support them on the sloped sections.

-Watch the shaping of your elements, especially the inversions. Round inversions tend to remove all force at the tops of the elements. B&M's always have positive forces at the tops (aside from Zero-G-Rolls) and use teardrop shapes on your loops and immelmenns/dive loops.

-Your zero-g-rolls need to be shaped based upon a parabolic arch (the heartline needs to look like a parabolic arch). They're relatively difficult to shape but once you figure it out it will get easier and easier. Otherwise you will wind up with a funny shaped element that won't offer zero-g.

Raptor

Roller Poster
Thanks for the tips. I don't recall using any prefab elements for this one, but I will defidentily try to shape the inversions more correctly for my next coaster.