What's new

Bad Theme Park Translations

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This is an entirely stupid thread I'm afraid.

But as someone on VH just mentioned how bad the google translate for the Regina closure announcement was I thought I would share some of my favourite mistranslations (mostly thanks to google with some park based ones) over the years.

Pretty much just to raise a smile :)
And yes i know how hard it is to translate between languages that have different sentence structures, tonal differences and alphabets but I like to think these are still amusing at least :)
All apart from a couple (which are labelled) are from my own collection.

First up - Someone must have broken a Mirror somewhere in Kunming

Translater2.png

Be Aware that the latest Fatawild is not as safe as it sounds.

Translater3.png

I mean just wrong on so many many levels.

Translater4.jpg

Perhaps the best mis translation of all time on this Nagashima Spaland T-Shirt (this one is from TPR but too good to miss https://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34361 )
Translater1.jpg

The I assume "Performing Arts Center" at Happy Valley Tianjin is this way.

Translater5.JPG

I did not eat here at Victory Kingdom also near Tianjin.

Translater6.JPG

This lovely sign at Benxiong Park in Harbin reminds you not to walk on the grass.

Translater7.JPG

Another classic (which i didnt take but was taken by my friend CP6) is for a kids pirate ship ride at Quanlin Resort in Zhuhai. Look Closely. :) This isnt so much a bad translation as bad research but still I love it.
Translater8.jpg

To be honest I am sure @gavin has a billion of these but just thought it would make a few people laugh :)

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This is one I liked from Joyland at the entrance to their SkyLoop:

Wpa8YBv.jpg

Some good ones in there, but my favourite is "The Customary Nosebleed". :p