What's new

B&M magnetic launch...

A

Anonymous

Coastersandmore said:
Wie üblich fern jeglicher offiziellen Bestätigung ist das Gerücht, dass B&M im Jahr 2011 erstmals eine Achterbahn mit einem Magnetantrieb ausstatten soll.
Google Translate said:
As usual, far from any official confirmation of the rumour that B & M is to provide a roller coaster for the first time in 2011 with a magnetic drive.

Interesting to see it here as well, it have already been hinted about a B&M launch coaster in First Drop. The difference is that this time they have included the year the ride is going to be launched. However First Drop says that the ride will go to a "surprising" park in Europe...

Let your ideas flow...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I'll believe it when I see it... BUT it does line up nicely with the Gardaland Rumor doesn't it :)

A

Anonymous

But it states a "surprising" park, and the Gardaland B&M have been known for a while now. Even though that a launch would make sense to that one, but then again it might make it to similar to Furious Baco.

It's the "surprising" bit that is the really interesting bit to this rumour, the fact that B&M will offer a launch system is pretty obvious, since that's the way the market is going for. There are two other B&M's that is semi confirmed to Europe for next year (DM for Heide Park and Invert for Parc Asterix), but maybe we will see another one...

Jools

Giga Poster
Although there are obvious links to the 2011 Gardaland rumour, the rumour also said that the same type of coaster would open for 2012 at Thorpe Park, but they already have a launched coaster, but I guess there's nothing wrong with multiple launched coasters in a park. Unless this could mean the launch of two new B&M coaster types for 2011.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I do hope I'm not the only one getting sick and tired of people talking about Thorpe getting a new coaster in 2012... :roll:

marc

CF Legend
I always thought B&M would not make a launch anyway as they believe a lift hill builds up to he ride. IoA had to get the launch built by someone else.

Its quite clear Thorpe will get a new coaster in 2011 or 2012 anyway they are due one by then.

Jools

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
I do hope I'm not the only one getting sick and tired of people talking about Thorpe getting a new coaster in 2012... :roll:

Even when you're name is Nemesis Inferno!?! I'm not, I don't read to much into things so I get sick of them.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Why the hell is everyone picking up on my username atm? I've had this name for 8 years... Just because I haven't changed it doesn't mean I have to like the park it's located now does it?

Just the way people are talking about it like it's fact and we haven't even had a month in this current coaster season is annoying the hell out of me...

Thorpe have got a lot more stuff to work on rather than a new coaster... The are other parks owned by Merlin in the UK that are so much more due a new coaster than Thorpe, both in the south funnily enough, especially as one of them got rid of one this year...

And marc is right about B&M not liking the idea of a launch, but times change, what B&M thought in 1998 may not be their thoughts today, and maybe with the Accelerator being an extremely popular type, they may have thought it be a good idea to jump on the bandwagon... Especially if they use their clamshell restraints...

andrus

Giga Poster
loefet said:
But it states a "surprising" park, and the Gardaland B&M have been known for a while now. Even though that a launch would make sense to that one, but then again it might make it to similar to Furious Baco.

It's the "surprising" bit that is the really interesting bit to this rumour, the fact that B&M will offer a launch system is pretty obvious, since that's the way the market is going for. There are two other B&M's that is semi confirmed to Europe for next year (DM for Heide Park and Invert for Parc Asterix), but maybe we will see another one...
Well wasn't Port Aventura supposed to get a B&M next year too? I remembered someone in the "Port Aventura 2011" topic talking of a B&M hyper going there for next year..

Jools

Giga Poster
^ Does that coem across as suprising? We could always hope for something like Drayton Manor who are also rumoured to have a coaster next year, that owuld be suprising.

andrus

Giga Poster
^What I was reffering to as "surprising" is that Garda's, Parc Asterix's and Heide's coasters all are almost confirmed. While Port Aventura also is rumered to get one it hasn't been confirmed by any officials or believable sources yet...

A-Kid

Giga Poster
John is currently involved with Merlin Studios in the development of
new rides and attractions for Alton Towers, Heide Park, Gardaland and Thorpe Park.

Yay for Wardley being involved with a few projects!

We can tick Alton off now I suppose...