What's new

[B&M Invert] Yet to be named

Bye Tom

Roller Poster
Hey everyone!
Hopefully, this is what will become the first coaster I finish (never been happy enough with an outcome to finish :p ). Anyways, I don't really have any details yet, but I have three pictures for you:

invp01.jpg

invp02.jpg

invp03.jpg

Comments are appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You've not picked an easy one either! I don't think I've ever finished an Invert, they're really demanding. Of course, I'm not trying to put you off, quite the opposite!

Good luck!

Bye Tom

Roller Poster
Thanks for the comments! :)

invp04.jpg

I modified the pre-lift section, adjusted the steepness of the lift to 30 degrees as well as added an Immelman as well as a 0G-roll to the layout. I'm not sure if this one should host an MCBR or not (would be next up in the layout in that case), what do you guys think?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It kinda depends on how much more you want to add. If you want to make this a much longer one, then the MCBR would probably be a good idea, but if it's going to be shorter then don't break up the flow with one.

A

Anonymous

Adding a MCBR now would kill the ride completely, if you look at real B&M inverts, then there should be at least one more element (and maybe a few turns) before thinking about a brake.
But then again, a lot of newer designs that are about the same size as your coaster (like: Silver Bullet, Patriot, Phaethon, etc.) operate fine without one, just be sure to tweak the timing in the station so that it won't stack with 2 trains...

It looks really nice!! One question though, hand or computer made??

Bye Tom

Roller Poster
@loefet: Tackar! :) And it's made using Newton.

I've decided to go without an MCBR (same reason as loefet stated).

Bye Tom

Roller Poster
Haha, I offset the light source in the white environment to not cast shadows straight onto the ground, sorry about that. :p

Full layout is finished, and this is how it looks. .3ds-work is up next, but since I'm using Cinema 4D and it exports 3ds to NoLimits with that shading problem where the unlit surfaces show up as all black in NoLimits... I was wondering if reexporting the scenery with 3DSMax solve the problem, or would I have to retexture everything in 3DSMax in order for it to work?

invp06.jpg

invp07.jpg

invp08.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It looks very short from that top view... :?

Bye Tom

Roller Poster
Yeah, that's why I've decided to extend this one. The camelback/overbank will be changed into an MCBR and then I'll continue from that point.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks alright. Might not be twisty enough as it's going to be going slower through that bit, but it looks ok.

I kinda like the colour too... not sure why though, it's vile! :p

real

Roller Poster
Really funny how much that first half is like a ride I created many moons ago. Almost to the same exact angles. Keep working on that finale.