What's new

Aussie Tower of Terror to go Backwards...

Xpress

Strata Poster
Gazza said:
But the same 'fling foward' forces are already generated when the ride brakes on the way back to the station (has to slow down in the same amount of horizontal space it accelerates in), but as people have mentioned earlier, its a pretty tame launch anyway.

Actually you get pushed back into your seat...

Think about it. When the superman/tot car is braking, it is going backwards.

What happens when a train travelling forward hits brakes? You get pushed forward.

So, you will be pushed into the restraints both times.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^He's not quite right. The sensation will be the same as any normal coaster braking. You will be forced into the restraints by both the launch and the brakes.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Am I the only one here who thinks this is going to be really painful? It might not be the strongest launch in the world but it's definately going to be a pain in the neck. Especially with the Intamin OTSR's, you'll be struggling to keep your head back. I like the video though, made me laugh :) But won't be going there any time soon.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I actually think this looks really cool. It might be a little uncomfortable during the launch and brake periods, but I think the sensation of stalling on the tower and then coming down face first will be quite cool.

I just hope the discomfort is not too great to detract from that.

A

Anonymous

I think this ride will be a great addittion to the park. Definately gna ride it eventually!