What's new

AT Rollercaoster Restaurant

I know the Rollercoaster Restaurant isn't supposed to be great and is considered to be overpriced but my son really wants to go for his birthday in August (who am I to argue with a trip to a theme park) so I've been looking for the last couple of months and we cannot book past the end of May. Does anyone know why? I'd try Towers' CS team but it takes weeks to get a response from them (why is their customer service so poor).

witchfinder

Giga Poster
You don't really need to book in my experience, though I've never been in August so it may be busier then. I first went on a Scarefest weekend though and was done in less than an hour. Also went on a sunny day in July once when the park was rammed, but there was no wait at the restaurant.

spicy

Giga Poster
I'd guess they just haven't added on those dates and are only taking bookings 2 months in advance. So hopefully you should be able to book June/July.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I know the Rollercoaster Restaurant isn't supposed to be great and is considered to be overpriced but my son really wants to go for his birthday in August (who am I to argue with a trip to a theme park) so I've been looking for the last couple of months and we cannot book past the end of May. Does anyone know why? I'd try Towers' CS team but it takes weeks to get a response from them (why is their customer service so poor).
You can't book a meal during park opening times, only after park close. During park opening times it's walk in only.

No idea why after park close, for beyond May, isn't available, but maybe the park closing times aren't set in stone yet. 🤷‍♂️

dr0

Roller Poster
You can't book a meal during park opening times, only after park close. During park opening times it's walk in only.

No idea why after park close, for beyond May, isn't available, but maybe the park closing times aren't set in stone yet. 🤷‍♂️
I booked for 4PM last week (Good Friday), so you certainly can book in park opening times some of the time. It was far from full though so booking was probably unnecessary; that might change if you want to eat at lunch/dinner time on a busy day though. I guess this is just a case of trying to book too early, try again closer to when you're going would be my suggestion if you'd be very disappointed to miss out and want to be sure.

It's also better than I was expecting to be honest. Yes, wildly expensive but you're a captive market paying for a novelty; it's always going to be expensive. The food was actually pretty decent both in quality and quantity, nothing amazing but think more Harverster/Beefeater level than Wetherspoons.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I booked for 4PM last week (Good Friday), so you certainly can book in park opening times some of the time. It was far from full though so booking was probably unnecessary; that might change if you want to eat at lunch/dinner time on a busy day though. I guess this is just a case of trying to book too early, try again closer to when you're going would be my suggestion if you'd be very disappointed to miss out and want to be sure.

It's also better than I was expecting to be honest. Yes, wildly expensive but you're a captive market paying for a novelty; it's always going to be expensive. The food was actually pretty decent both in quality and quantity, nothing amazing but think more Harverster/Beefeater level than Wetherspoons.
You booked at 4pm because that was the earliest time you could book... For some silly reason somebody has set the booking system for all midweek days, including later closes during the holidays this week, to 4pm. If you look on weekend days that earliest booking time is later. You cannot normally book during park opening times, it's literally written in their policies.

This is policy because you can book the restaurant without having a park ticket, and enter through the hotel entrance. Would be awesome if you could book your family in for lunch, then get free access to the park after for a few hours. 😂

dr0

Roller Poster
I see, that make sense. I'm not surprised its an error in the booking system, the clunky booking system was by far the worst part of my whole trip. Sounds worth keeping an eye on bank holiday's for some free park access if they make the same mistake though!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I see, that make sense. I'm not surprised its an error in the booking system, the clunky booking system was by far the worst part of my whole trip. Sounds worth keeping an eye on bank holiday's for some free park access if they make the same mistake though!
I don’t know if it’s in error as such, or just deliberate laziness, as it’s not the first or last time, it has been, or will be, set an hour before park close. I personally think they just can’t be bothered, when it’s such a short time between bookings opening and actual close time, the risk is minimal.

I guess on days when they extend park closing, anybody with a booking at 4pm could essentially grab a few free rides after their meal, but the risk is minimal compared to say, allowing bookings from non ticketed guests at 11am…

But yeh, ultimately, and ordinarily, it’s walk up when the park’s open, booking after, (or sometimes shortly before) park close.