What's new

Another Prototype on the Vekoma Test Site

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So it looks like Vekoma are testing a new thrill coaster concept. Apparently it's their answer to a Mack XTREME Spinning coaster, but I've also heard it could be for Energylandia's proposed multi-launch and multi-inverting water coaster:-
2bee37_ae96e55a0b14487d8d9c47f41afcd5ba~mv2.jpg

2bee37_415e56782e66462db9aa6d4100cb1a8f~mv2.jpg

2bee37_850fdb0f7498484b94fdec2d28f13aca~mv2.jpg

2bee37_066a101d78594e5ea128e88719dd9e50~mv2.jpg

2bee37_b792f1b7dd5f4b0fb39b8ba038a12a92~mv2.jpg

2bee37_f4195d1c01394f3393b7c4cc35059d9a~mv2.jpg

2bee37_e0571cb24622496d86e9572a1bf5374b~mv2.jpg

Found on TPR.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm no expert, but I swear that loots like a lot of track/supports for a prototype test? Intriguing, nonetheless.

Matt N

CF Legend
According to Screamscape, the GOTG ride at Epcot is rumoured to be Vekoma's version of the XTREME Spinning Coaster. So it could be that model materialising.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
According to Screamscape, the GOTG ride at Epcot is rumoured to be Vekoma's version of the XTREME Spinning Coaster. So it could be that model materialising.
Sounds intriguing... tell me more...

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
Sounds intriguing... tell me more...

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
Well, the guy on Screamscape said that he originally had a source tell him that it was going to be a launched roller coaster, so he thought it would be a Mack XTREME Spinner. Then he had another source tell him that it was going to be a Vekoma launched spinner. Here's the link to Screamscape's Epcot page:http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm#Guardians

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm thinking it's for Energylandia at the moment. The track just looks a little odd compared to what I imagine it would look for a spinning coaster... :/ But it's complete guesswork in all honesty.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I'm going to throw The 3rd Chimelong park "Chimelong Qingyuan Forest Resort" into the ring. As my guess.
I believe they are getting a couple of interesting Vekoma rides and its planned to open 2019 rather than Energylandias 2020 date. However its just another guess.

Matt N

CF Legend
Oooo! I reckon this could be for Energylandia's Vekoma water coaster then! But where did it come from that Energylandia were building a Vekoma water coaster, because they already have an Intamin water coaster. Is it going to be like Vekoma's take on the Mack PowerSplash or something?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
From what I've heard, they're funded by their government as well as a local radio station. Whatever they're doing it's working, cause these plans will definitely get me there sooner than later!

Matt N

CF Legend
I can imagine a conversation in about 10 years' time between a park ordering a Vekoma roller coaster and Vekoma:
  • Park: Hello. I'd like to order a roller coaster, but I don't know what to buy.
  • Vekoma salesman: Just fly to Krakow in Poland, it's where our showroom is located. Energylandia doesn't know that but we're still calling it a showroom.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I can imagine a conversation in about 10 years' time between a park ordering a Vekoma roller coaster and Vekoma:
  • Park: Hello. I'd like to order a roller coaster, but I don't know what to buy.
  • Vekoma salesman: Just fly to Krakow in Poland, it's where our showroom is located. Energylandia doesn't know that but we're still calling it a showroom.

It's basically what Mack can do with Europa Park right?

Personally i dont think this is for Energylandia. While it may be a water coaster, The Energylandia one isnt due till 2020 and that awfully far in advance. No one ever said Energylandia would get the first water coaster from Vekoma though.

Disclaimer: I dont know anyone else is getting one its just an observation