What's new

Anomaly[Complete] Vid. and DL on page 1

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
With the overwhelming response to Volt, I'm working on another unfinished ride. Anomaly is an Intamin hyper coaster similar to Goliath at Walabi World. It starts off traditional style with a hill, but then after the following overbanked turn, the ride enters a rising turn, falls into a flat turn, a buckel, and a stengel dive before entering some bunny hills on the return home. Here's a screenshot of the lifthill:

Anomaly-090423162728000.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
What a following...

Supporting continues. If I get to sleep or not will determine if this ride gets finished tonight or tomorrow, or sometime else this week. Anyway, here's a screen of the meat of the ride, the first overbanked turn and the following helix, as well as the buckel:

Anomaly-090425165108000.jpg

Comments and criticism are appreciated...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Express: If you're talking about the overbanked turn, it's a mix of Superman: Ride of Steel's supports and MF's third overbanked turn. If you're talking about that support near the apex of the turn that straddles the buckel, what's wrong with it? Isn't it similar to this:

p4530.jpg

Well, the supports are done, but I don't know what kind of foliage I should add. I want to have either a tropical jungle thing or a woodland forest thing going. I don't know what would look better. Any ideas?

Here's two more screenshots to keep you guys interested:

One of my favorite parts...

Anomaly-090427215923000.jpg

Another perspective of the main part of the ride...

Anomaly-090427220044001.jpg

Brookes

Giga Poster
^^I thought he was being serious aswell.

Anyway the ride looks great and the supports look brilliant. Personally I think you should go for a woodland theme as I think the colours will fit better.

Slash

Giga Poster
Looks amazing and I must say I enjoyed Volt a lot, just forgot to comment on it.

I may as well do it here.

"Thoughts on Volt" by Slash

Volt was IMHO one of the best inverts I've seen in a while, well paced, smooth and had good G forces, coupled with the pylon in the centre. I thought it was genuinely really good.

8/10 :)

Xpress

Strata Poster
NOoo, I was talking about the lift supports. Either my memory is foggy, or I haven't seen an Intamin do that lift support chape before.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Brookes: Woodland trees it is!

Slash: Thank you. Better now than never.

Xpress: I was going for a mix between this:

p14594.jpg

and this:

p1383.jpg

They're more like Thunder Dolphin's supports with tubes instead of guy wires.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Güd wan...

Ok, Anomaly is done! Here's the video and download:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DHIaMshbvc[/youtube]

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?k0j2jbn9jdx

DISCLAIMER: Due to the track color, I recommend downloading the track and riding it, because the video makes it very hard to see the track.

Enjoy!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
This was a nice and smooth coaster. A few pumps or jerks or squirrels on the track or moments of bad framerate or whatever, but in general, it was smoother than most things i can dream of putting together.

Not too much of a fan of the large rising turns/helice, but you pulled them off well. Coulours were good as well, I doubt this one would have problems with the neighbours. It was also nice and long, without getting boring.

9.5/10. Great!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Overall, a fairly nice coaster I have to admit.

Good Points
-On the whole the ride was smooth
-The pacing was nice
-Most of the supports were good
-Trackwork was good
-No pumping

Bad Points
-The end of the coaster seemed a little rough. The last S-Bend hill thingy was rough and the final corners and hill onto the brakes was a little rough too
-At a couple of points it didn't seem snappy enough through the transitions

Overall, a very nice coaster. A few tweaks here and there, and possibly a slightly more inventive layout would be great. I'd give it 7.5/10.

A

Anonymous

The ride is good overall, there are some small things to do.

There is some small pumping over some of the hills, but the biggest issue, were the banking's, the flow in the turns could have been better, the car jerked quite a bit as the train pass over the nodes.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate it. I did notice the bumps at the end of the ride, but after tweaking for a while, I just said screw it when it was somewhat better.