What's new

An Irish fun fair Run by kids?

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
so recently i took a trip Ireland and took a DART train to a place called Bray without realising i saw a fun fair at the front and all was normal intill i took a closer look and saw where they would exchange money for tokens and there where 7 or 8 year old girls sitting in the booth by there selves! also i saw lots of the small rides being operated by 8 or 9 year olds like a mini Ferris wheel and other spinning rides.
I know this is not mumsnet and i dont want it to be but opinions? i will tell more if more if anyone asks.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Seems to be pretty common. I went to university in Nottingham and there's a big annual fair called the Goose Fair. Lots of the rides would have a child collecting tokens with an adult (presumably their parent/owner) "watching" over them.

Not that I ride those rides anyway, something about travelling rides puts me on edge.

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
Seems to be pretty common. I went to university in Nottingham and there's a big annual fair called the Goose Fair. Lots of the rides would have a child collecting tokens with an adult (presumably their parent/owner) "watching" over them.

Not that I ride those rides anyway, something about travelling rides puts me on edge.
yea i have seen that but i dont trust people younger than me to operate the rides.