What's new

Amy Winehouse has a terrible voice: Yes or No

Does Amy Winehouse have a terrible voice?

• Oh god, yeah, it's horrible.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Nah, it's like an angel.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

The Amy Winehouse album has been quite high on everybody's Christmas list this year, taking second place to the Spice Girls Greatest Hits.

My elves have been busy burning plenty of CDs ready to bump up people's stockings.

I don't really like Amy Winehouse because she hasn't done a Christmas song with bells in like other greats such as Paul McCartney, Slade and, um, err, Shakin' Stevens.

There needs to be an option for in the middle.

I don't think her voice is horrific, but I wouldn't buy an album or even download one of her songs for that matter. Her style of music is just not something I particularly like.

Also, not to be rude, but she shouldn't be wearing a belly top. She's not hot enough for that.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
LiveForTheLaunch said:
There needs to be an option for in the middle.

It's rare that I add a "sit on the fence" option in my polls as I'd rather see a decisive result. It's more fun that way.

Plus I dislike liberals and indecisive people :p

Smithy

Strata Poster
Father Christmas said:
The Amy Winehouse album has been quite high on everybody's Christmas list this year, taking second place to the Spice Girls Greatest Hits.

My elves have been busy burning plenty of CDs ready to bump up people's stockings.

I don't really like Amy Winehouse because she hasn't done a Christmas song with bells in like other greats such as Paul McCartney, Slade and, um, err, Shakin' Stevens.

Santa is a thief. He steals music!

Anyway I hate her. Her whiny little voice, her whiny little life. To be fair, the sooner she od's and is off the front page of papers, the better.

tks

Strata Poster
I love her voice. Both her studio albums are fantastic, and when not drunk as a skunk she sounds amazing live.

"He Can Only Hold Her" is probably one of my songs of the year. <3

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't really like her at all for some reason, she just excessively annoys me!

Her voice as Paul O'grady says about himself is like... 'coal trapped uncer a door'!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't like her voice, I don't like her muic, I don't like her, and I hate the fact she has ruined a perfectly good song with her crap voice.

Slacky

Mega Poster
She can't even remember the lines to her own songs, every time she sings live, she always looks at the floor because there is a piece of paper there with all the words on.

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
She hardly sounds like an angel but she can sing a hell of a lot better than some of the people who have been hastily saying she's rubbish.... into her style or not she does have great vocals...

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
She's alright.

Not bad, not great.

She really needs some help though, as does Pete Doherty. I detest celebs who get increased exposure through drug use, clogging newspapers everyday. Who the heck cares? Let her deal with it, her problem, not ours.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
No, I think she's got a pretty decent voice actually. Its not really to my taste, but for her age, and for a music scene thats largely ignorant of the more jazz-esque style her music works around, she's made everything work pretty well.

I really dislike her, but not because of her music, its more out of principle for not wanting the large amounts of money and press space she gets to carry on funding the serious drug habit she's quite obviously got. My view is pretty much the same with Pete Doherty. I don't mind his music, Libertines are still one of my favourite bands, and Babyshambles are reasonable, but on principle, I won't be buying anything and lining his pockets. They've both seen huge career boosts purely for having extravagant social lives involving hard drugs habits.

Jools

Giga Poster
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, yeh, she does, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, thanks, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, she's druggggggededed upupupupa!

[Errrrrm, please post properly... It is a requirement, not a suggestion. And if that was some sort of impersonation, it wasn't very good... - Rob]

kir

Hyper Poster
Her voice is really nice sometimes, but it can get annoying. But her album does have a few good songs on it and she's more famous than anyone here will ever be, even if for the wrong reasons, so you can't really shoot her down!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
She sounds good sober!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgfrxZlrYR4[/youtube]

And i love her album, i do think her voice is incredible.

[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.