What's new

American Riots

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
marc said:
Yes they bought them but they cannot use them.

What did they get ripped off with bad material or something? Cause I will guarantee you if you march on the queen tomorrow those suckers will be turned up full blast.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
rtotheizzo17 said:
marc said:

What did they get ripped off with bad material or something? Cause I will guarantee you if you march on the queen tomorrow those suckers will be turned up full blast.

Hahaha this is so true. You do anything that might affect someone 'important' in the country and the guns and violence come out :p Just look at that guy who genuinely accidentally ran (quite literally) into David Cameron XD the bodyguards moved so quick it was hilarious. Bet they had concealed weapons they wouldn't have been afraid to use if it was required.

marc

CF Legend
rtotheizzo17 said:
marc said:

They got them without permission or something like that and it's against our law to use them so they cannot use them. It's the same with guns, they cannot be fired in a riot either.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
On the plus side they do get shields and helmets though lol

Funnily enough you'd never see the people actually making the decisions out on the front line Protecting people or preventing anything!

You couldn't pay me enough to be part of our law enforcement

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Well it almost got back onto the topic.

AMERICAN RIOTS! Instant ban for anyone who posts now where it is not linked to the American Riots - it's been off-topic enough and the Americans (about whose riots this topic is about) should be allowed to discuss this!

Yes, use other countries as examples and the like, but it has to uphold a point about the American riots.

You have had fair warning!

Snoo said:
Eric Garner's problem sparks much more of a problems than Mike Brown tbh. Except this time.. the man was video taped doing this.

I was watching the news last night with Madame_Furie when this came on. She said "does America really have such a race issue?"

I mentioned this topic, and the stuff Chris Rock talked about and YES, it really is.

If you look at Eric, he's clearly a big bloke and you can understand that maybe the police felt a little intimidated as there were only six of them in riot gear.

If it had been a 6'5" 400lb white bloke though, they would have just yelled at him until he was cuffed. The aggression was all part of the "you can't trust 'them' " racial mentality.

If somebody heading in to commit a mass shooting (school, cinema, whatever) was black or (obviously) Muslim, then the shooting would be unlikely to occur. A "strange coloured person with a suspicious bag" would set off alarm bells and they woul dbe stopped and questioned. Yet in reality, 90% of the mass killings in the last 30 years have been perpetrated by white men. Nobody stops them though because "they're just guys".

This kind of violence towards Eric is symptomatic of the racial prejudice that is inherent in the US. It doesn't mean every white person is racist, or every black person innocent. It's simply that there is still a skew of feelings that goes against coloured people. Snoo has mentioned exactly this.

It's no wonder that people so badly misrepresented are rioting.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
marc said:
rtotheizzo17 said:
marc said:

They got them without permission or something like that and it's against our law to use them so they cannot use them. It's the same with guns, they cannot be fired in a riot either.

Right. And the chokehold that the Cop used in NYC was illegal as well. Zero charges are being filled.

Hopefully this wakes more people up to the us vs them mentality that the uber elite have developed. Black, white, brown, all across the world need to stay united on this front. The banks, politicians, and wealthy are using the cops as their SS, cracking down on anyone who disobeys.

Stand up and shout FTP! Not because of racial prejudice, but because of income prejudice.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Jordanovichy said:
mcgoughchris said:
I wish the UK police force were allowed to use any kind of force lol. They're a total joke over here. Can't even stop a couple of football hooligans or two women fighting over a TV is asda

I agree but what is going to stop things reaching the level they did in America where an innocent child got shot dead?

Talking about the 12 year old who pointed a toy gun at the cops? They assessed a potential serious threat and did what they were trained to do. Everyone knows that if a cop says hands up with a gun pointed at you, do it. Hey, that works in both these cases. Parents were concerned for their children's safety, and if it would have been real, how would you explain to the parents that since the kid was 12 they didn't do what they are trained to do, and their child is dead? Toy guns always have the orange tip for that exact reason.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
So things have stayed on edge in California. In NY a bunch of people tried to get the future King and Queen of England to show pity. Also, Lebron James may have been the first black male to touch an English Royal in public?

There was a shooting in Orlando (hooray for possible violence close to my house) and the race baiters immediately pulled the white cop/black guy card. The only detail out so far is the felon who was shot had 96 or so counts on his record.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
rtotheizzo17 said:
So things have stayed on edge in California. In NY a bunch of people tried to get the future King and Queen of England to show pity. Also, Lebron James may have been the first black male to touch an English Royal in public?

There was a shooting in Orlando (hooray for possible violence close to my house) and the race baiters immediately pulled the white cop/black guy card. The only detail out so far is the felon who was shot had 96 or so counts on his record.

I reckon the white cop/black guy card is going to be pulled out every time one of these incidents happens from now on. I wonder how long and how far this will go?

Intricks

Strata Poster
For as long as it can be used.

Racism is bad, we get this, but it is beginning to become a bit ridiculous when people start to claim random things are racist simply because the non-white person dies, or are portrayed in a stereotypical manner (which is quite often on that front) that they dont approve of.

That and white people are not allowed to pull a racism card when getting called a derogatory term (cracker, whitey, whatever the single other word is) anymore simply because reverse racism doesnt exist due to white people having the "power" (?) or something along those lines. Didnt care to finish the read as any term used to put down another person based on their ethnicity is racism regardless of who the **** is saying it.

I really try to stay out of the whole thing, simply because its a topic Id rather stay out of. Not because of ignorance, but because for every act based on racism, someone else is willing to play the race card to get their way, if not more so nowadays because they know most folks dont want to be labelled a racist. Its an abuse of a system that really shouldnt exist, but will until we all eventually die most likely.

That and its more or less playing a sufferage game (in some instances) in an effort to get further along in society, when it may just set you back even further.

If anyone wants a link to either of the two articles I mentioned, just holler at me for being a lazy bitch or something.

Snoo

The Legend
Here's the thing intricks, you get bothered by these instances of reverse racism and just hate hearing about them.. and you are so tired of hearing about it what.. once every few weeks.. if you even care enough to bring it up?

Imagine trying to live WITHIN racism, everyday, of every minute, of every second of your life.. without it going away.. and you'll wonder why some people of any color will pull the 'card' when the majority, who have had the power since.. forever?, fail to or are not willing to acknowledge things such as Ferguson and NYC as race relation issues instead of 'some thugs who got what they deserved'.

Now, I will admit and agree, the 'card' gets pulled WAY too much, as level headed people will agree that some instances of so called racism are the exact opposite, but the frustration within the African American community has reached an all time high (I've seen people speak out, including myself, who have NEVER really spoken about this type of thing recently) and some people who think they are not being racist may indeed be.

Having a discussion, seeing both sides, understanding what is really bothering people, is what will help you understand and help change the world. This thread has been a great example of this, minus one or two bad eggs. I'm not around much but I'm proud of the CF community.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Racism in the USA is at a point though where its necessary to investigate any potential white on non white discrimination.

Any backlash from abusers crying the racism card has been asked for by the white pricks in power who've proved it so.

It is much like the rape issue. I'm sure SOME women cry rape falsely, but it the world owes it to them to listen.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
I think what intricks may have been trying to articulate was that right now its a 1 way street. The only way you can be racist is if you are a white (male) discriminating against a person of darker color, usually black.

Where the average Joe gets frustrated is when they see horrific cases of obvious black on white hate violence (just google it), that doesn't get covered because it doesn't fit the media agenda of an oppressed people getting punished at every turn.

Depending on what news channel you turn on, they wont even announce the ethnicity of a criminal unless they are white.

Is it really healthy to declare racism at every interaction? Doesn't that create even more of a wedge if young blacks see their leaders screaming that EVERY interaction between a white person that doesn't end in a job promotion = racism?

Snoo

The Legend
Here is the problem, so many of the people in the white majority think race isn't an issue, that they fail to see it when it actually is. And when so many people believe so many situations are NOT race issues, and they get called on it by minorities, they start to feel the 'card' gets pulled.

Taking a walk on the other side of the conversation might shed light on how people really feel in this country. I'm lucky enough to have avoided many situations where this is much more frequent and, as I've mentioned before, it is still prevalent within my life.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Snoo said:
Here is the problem, so many of the people in the white majority think race isn't an issue, that they fail to see it when it actually is. And when so many people believe so many situations are NOT race issues, and they get called on it by minorities, they start to feel the 'card' gets pulled.

Taking a walk on the other side of the conversation might shed light on how people really feel in this country. I'm lucky enough to have avoided many situations where this is much more frequent and, as I've mentioned before, it is still prevalent within my life.

Snoo, not being funny mate but seems like you've got a real chip on your shoulder when it comes to white people!

You should probably be voicing your opinion in other places than on a forum full of roller coasters. This topic is ridiculous now.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Snoo said:

No doubt there are people with their heads in the sand. No doubt there are varying levels of racism that are still found all over the world, by people with all levels of influence. But just like it is not healthy (or realistic) for me, a middle income white guy, to go around thinking ever black person I pass is a welfare queen or a gang banger, it is not healthy for a middle income black male to think every white person in authority is a racist here to oppress.

I don't think the current eruption of violent protests and victim-ism (again, the events that led to Michael Brown's death do not make him a saint) does anything to further progress and understanding of cultures. If anything when conflict and tensions are high it divides people even further.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
mcgoughchris said:
Snoo said:

Snoo, not being funny mate but seems like you've got a real chip on your shoulder when it comes to white people!

You should probably be voicing your opinion in other places than on a forum full of roller coasters. This topic is ridiculous now.

He has the right to voice whatever opinion he wants, and pretty sure he doesn't hate white people.

Status
Not open for further replies.