What's new

Amazing offride footage of X2 seat rotations

Jake

Strata Poster
Before riding X2 in August, I had no idea what seat rotations it performed, and I recently stumbled across this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvfJ_-pJFSA

It's quite a long video, so i'm going to be nice and direct you to the best bits, because everyone should appreciate the awsomeness of this coaster! Watch in HQ for some sexy quality action.

00:36 - 00:52 - First drop, obviously the best part of the ride...

02:52 - 03:15 - First drop and first hill from a different angle.

The first drop and first hill are the best 10 seconds or so of coaster riding i've EVER experienced. It gets a little rough after this, but it's worth it for those sexy 10 seconds of mind blowing awsomeness.

The whole thing is worth a watch, if you have the time.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
It is kind of cool how it's not entirely smooth. You can see it go a little bit and then complete a rotation. That's was really interesting to watch. It does seem like a pretty interesting experience. I'm not sure I can picture how it will feel. Anyway, good find with that.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I really love this coaster too, but for more than just the 1st drop. It does get rough in spots & is a bit short, but it offers so much that no other coaster does & the added effects really do the job here compared to the misguided efforts of Bizarro.
The slow backwards departure from the station with 'It had to be you' crooning from the sound system breaks up into various audio bits that provide a hint of the insanity that is to follow after your glorious accent into the sky, with possibly the best view any lift in the world has to offer. Then, as you stare up into the heavens, comes the slight drop & extra bit of extended track that so nicely builds the tension before that awesome face-down first drop.
After a dip into a puff of mist you pull out of that plunge & look back at what you just went through before zipping headlong past that beautiful vertical track. Here you get the break of facing forward again (albeit a bit rough, as mentioned) to gain your orientation in a sweeping curve, before you get spun around 180 degrees & blasted with the heat of the flames. No sooner have to been given a glimpse of the hell fire, before you are plunging back toward the ground face-first with another dip in the cooling mist, like an encore of the first drop only smaller. Before you know it you find yourself heading back into the station in the same position & moving at the same slow pace that you were at the beginning of the ride, like a baby returning to the comfort of the womb.
Man, I really should put X2 back in my top 10 (it's #11) but I keep TTD in there for sentimental reasons.
Here are my POVs in case you haven't seen them yet:
Front seat (day time):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBK-Amxf8fk[/youtube] Back seat (night time):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFeWExAYeus[/youtube]

Ollie

CF Legend
You're getting as bad as me plugging videos now. :p

That was really cool though. Seen plenty of footage of the ride before but some of the shots the person got there were amazing and he managed to track the train as it went round to near perfection.

Snoo

The Legend
I had seen videos but it still didn't prepare me for what was to come.. really amazing experience tbh.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Yeah, X2 truly is an insane ride. The first drop beats anything, and the rest of the ride is like a blur...you're just sitting there shaking around and flipping while all of these elements are thrown at you (which is a good thing).

I have learned to never ride X2 in an outside seat though. Even if it's in the front of the train (where I rode it in an outside seat) it's still horrible. Haven't ridden there since, and I've gotten good rides!

X2 is also a MUST ride at night.

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
I love, love, love, love, LOVE X2's onboard music. In fact, it's shouldered past California Screamin' as my #2 onboard music for any ride (right behind Space Mountain).

The best part, IMO, is at the brake run at the very end. It almost feels cinematic! :shock:

And it also features a quote from one of my favorite movies ever!