What's new

Am I the only one that feels...

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
like Six Flags America in DC gets NO love?

I mean, I liked the park when I went in '03, but not a single coaster has been put in since 2001. In fact, they even decreased their coaster count with Two Face being taken out as you all probably know. I'd like a reason to drop by on my way to my Knoebels/Hershey/Kennywood Trip, but the park has not added anything...

My big question is why didn't Chang go here instead of ripping out GASM?

So what's the deal? :x

Ben

CF Legend
The deal might be it's the worst park in the world, and even unlimited fellatio from models wouldn't improve it...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I can't understand why SFA is neglected, either. You'd think so close to DC it would be in a prime location.

All it's coasters are meh and we only managed to spend 2-3 hours in the park before deciding that Potomac Mills would be more fun, but I found the staff there to be much better than at SFGAdv and SFOG. I enjoyed the Joker's Jynx thing, the dutchman (that one is the best one) and that white wooden coaster. Everything else was pretty terrible. It's badness is blown out of proportion. It's not THAT bad, it's just... meh, and I can't help think a lot of it's exaggeration is down to good old fashioned American racism.

Is it just that it's in a poor area? And it's catchment have given it a bad name? And in order to get itself out of that reputation, it would need significant investment that isn't worth risking?

Snoo

The Legend
Ben said:
The deal might be it's the worst park in the world, and even unlimited fellatio from models wouldn't improve it...

That MIGHT make it a smidge better.. but not by much.

Gazza

Giga Poster

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I think the park is a dump. I've been there 3 times & each time was as bead as the previous. The ride ops were the worst I've ever seen & can't hold a candle to the lovely Southerners at SFOG, but then I guess I'm just an American racist & didn't realize it until Joey pointed it out. :roll:

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Hell, the ops at 6FMM were FAR worse at my three most recent trips there compared to my three trips to 6FA.

MM has better coasters, sure, but they have plenty of surly employees.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
I mean Superman and Joker's Jinx are nice, but really? It doesn't even have Skull Mountain or Batman, decent staple coasters for Six Flags parks. It really needs something to blow our minds. I think they will drop a huge bomb in 2012. I'll be practically driving by it on my BGE/Knoebels/Hershey/Kennywood/Dorney Trip and it would be a shame to skip it... :(

Snoo

The Legend
I mean.. one or two bad reviews.. sure.. every park has them.. but I can't find many people who had a REALLY good time at SFA. I was there long enough to get three credits and leave and don't really want to go back.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
It was my first big park, back in '03 and has not changed at all since then. I feel like Busch Gardens, Dollywood, Hershey Park, Kings Dominion and even Dorney Park have improved more then sorry Six Flags America...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
East Coast(er) General said:
I think the park is a dump. I've been there 3 times & each time was as bead as the previous. The ride ops were the worst I've ever seen & can't hold a candle to the lovely Southerners at SFOG, but then I guess I'm just an American racist & didn't realize it until Joey pointed it out. :roll:
I can only speak from experience. Before I went all I heard was how ghetto it is, how vile the staff and guests are and that, on top of that, the rides suck, but it seems like the lacking quality of their rides isn't even what it's known for. The staff and guests were angels compared to my experiences of SFOG and SFGAdv.

Gazza said:
Is it just that it's in a poor area?
Granted, I've never been on the ground in the areas surrounding, but just looking at the residential areas immediately surrounding the park in streetview, it doesn't seem poor at all :?

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?sll=38.9 ... 42,,0,0.64

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?sll=38.9 ... 97,,0,1.64

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?sll=38.8 ... 4,,0,-3.91

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?sll=38.8 ... 1,,0,-2.14

etc
Whilst those look like average American homes to me, they indeed don't look "ghetto".

All this said, the McDonald's down the road is horrendous. I have never felt so unsafe, awkward and stared at.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Personally, I wouldn't go back to the park. I'll break it down:

The rides - The rides overall are pretty meh. Mind Eraser sucks. Roar is nothing special, but still fun. Joker's Jinx isn't anything to go crazy over either. Superman is decent, but could be a lot better. I found Batwing to be the middle of all three dutchmen. The only saving grace that the park has is Wild One. It has a ton of airtime and some great laterals.

The staff - It just seemed like they didn't care. They were slow and all seemed half asleep.

The clientele - I'm going to try and avoid being racist here, because I don't mean to be. A lot of the guests seemed rude and scary. One even tried to jump into my seat from the row behind me on Wild One. A lot of them didn't speak English either.

I was there three hours. Luckily, I had a friend with me and I got my season pass there for cheap.

Mike

Giga Poster
^I definitely agree that the clientele is one of the major problems with this park.
Isn't SFA the park were it's not uncommon to be stabbed/shot in the car park on the halloween events? I think that says a lot right there!

Of the rides, Superman, Jokers Jinx and Batwing aren't exactly terrible, and lots of people seem to really like Wild One (although it was running very mediocrelyI got to ride). Roar and the SLC sucked, and I don't remember an awful lot more actually being in the park. On paper, it's got an alright ride line up, but nothing is brilliant, and none of the rides make me REALLY want to visit the park again.

Staff on the whole were "ok", although I do recall plenty of texting going on in the ride operation booths...

I think the park doesn't get much love from enthusiasts because there's no "star" attraction and there's nothing that really makes me want to go back to ride again. Couple this with the terrible, rude and oftentimes scary clientele and you've got yourself a park with :Meh: written all over it.

RCF

Strata Poster
Yeah, after living in VA for 6 years I never went. I had always heard that it was extremely ghetto, in that there were a lot of crimes that happened there and gangs and stuff. That's really what kept my family from going there.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
It's worth it if you are in the direct path for a few nice credz, but beyond that I will not be visting until they get something new...

Artichoke

Mega Poster
I've never been to that one. But, most of my friends tell me that it's not the best park in the world. But, if you enjoy it even if they haven't built anything knew in years? Then you should stop by.