What's new

Alton Towers!

Hi everyone! ☺️

This is my very first trip report!!!

Last week I went to Alton Towers. I went during the week and because I don’t visit often at all, I decided to purchase fast pass just incase I needed it (I didn’t).

Let’s start with the negatives!

The park is looking a bit tired, particularly some of the rides like Galactica, Spinball, Oblivion etc. It would be really good to see these rides get a lick of paint in the near future.

I wasn’t really impressed with the way staff handled fast pass. At the beginning of the day they prioritised the normal queue over fast pass re Wickerman which to me, wasn’t right.

They also seem to be having a problem with curse at Alton Manor? As this was down throughout the day although I did manage to get a ride.

I stayed in the original hotel and had to ask to be moved due to so much noise. I could hear a child screaming and people banging upstairs. Luckily the room they moved me to was much much quieter. The room was really lovely (Artic Explorer Room) and the staff were spot on.

In a nut shell though, I had a good day and managed to ride:

Wickerman 6 times
Smiler 5 times
Oblivion 2 times
Rita 2 times
Galactica 2 times
Mine train once
Spinball once
Curse at Alton Manor 2 times

….despite the park closing at 4pm!

The next day Thirteen was open, so I managed to get a ride on that as well as:

Wickerman 2 times
Smiler once
Nemesis sub terra once

….before heading home at around 1pm (I had a long drive back home).

Nemesis is looking fantastic and can’t wait to ride that again next year. Hopefully they will have Hex and the Sky ride back open for the 2024 season.

I do love this park and I love the imagination/innovation that goes in to their rides. Nemesis Sub Terra is a fabulous little flat ride and recommend it to anyone who organises a trip.

I have to be honest though, I wasn’t that impressed with curse at Alton Manor. I’m usually really bad with spooky rides but that didn’t bother me (apart from one scene involving the mirrors! - that ‘proper’ freaked me out 🤣).

I do have a vlog on my you tube channel, just incase anyone was interested:

Livin’ the coaster life

Really looking forward to being part of the community and hearing what other people get up to! ☺️.

Thank you also for the kindness so far!

Attachments

• 7926668E-F014-4888-A8D6-DB7B30484567.png
    7926668E-F014-4888-A8D6-DB7B30484567.png
    465.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: