What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Efan

Mega Poster
"Cover up" was a bit of a harsh sentence by me. What I meant was exactly what you said, that they weren't ready to release it yet.

Will

Strata Poster
Very clever on their part - I suspect it's absolutely nothing of value, but I'm a lot more curious to watch it now that I'm not allowed to!!

Matt N

CF Legend
The 1 second shot we saw of the ride looks good! That's all I can say! Also, I like the background music. For some reason, it reminds me of one of those historical documentaries that we were forced to watch in History!

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Apparently Alton Towers have been forced to remove their claim that Wicker Man is the world's first rollercoaster fusing wood and fire by the Advertising Standards Agency.

Quite right too! It was an enthusiast who first took this up with the ASA, now they seem to have agreed and given Alton a good old telling off
tongue.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Apparently Alton Towers have been forced to remove their claim that Wicker Man is the world's first rollercoaster fusing wood and fire by the Advertising Standards Agency.

Quite right too! It was an enthusiast who first took this up with the ASA, now they seem to have agreed and given Alton a good old telling off
Do you have any proof of this? A quick search of both the ASA website and Google generally has revealed nothing even remotely relevant.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Is it likely that Alton would be forced to drop the claim though, considering that Blackpool still get away with all of their untruths?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Do you have any proof of this? A quick search of both the ASA website and Google generally has revealed nothing even remotely relevant.
The member of TowersStreet who connected ASA about the false claims posted the response letter he received which said that they agree and have recommend Towers change the claim. The post with the letter has however now been removed.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The member of TowersStreet who connected ASA about the false claims posted the response letter he received which said that they agree and have recommend Towers change the claim. The post with the letter has however now been removed.
Ah, good to know. Always a shame when people do that! :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ "that", which?
Lie in adverts or complain about lies in adverts? ;)
Post their juicy gossip and then wimp out.

It's great when people lie in adverts and get called out, but it's rubbish if you don't know the details. :p

Last edited:

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
They updated a pargraph of the webite in review of this idiotic enthusiast's decision th contact th ASA...

Wicker Man is the UK’s first new wooden rollercoaster experience in 21 years and comes with a globally unique twist – bringing together wood and fire for the very first time. A Wicker Man structure standing at 57.57ft (17.55m) tall – the height of a six-storey building – will dominate the very centre of Alton Towers Resort, appearing to burst into flames as the wooden track races three separate times through the structure.

Dave

CF Legend
Imagine spending your free time writing to the advertising standards agency to complain about the wording of an advert for a rollercoaster at a theme park.

And then posting about it on the internet.

And then sharing the response as if it's a victory. My days. Go outside.

I hope their family is proud, and it sits on their CV as well.