What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
That theming looks pretty good!
Looks like it will make a big visual impact on the surrounding areas.
I hope they also clean up Katanga Canyon before the start of the season.

Peet

Giga Poster
That head looks huge, I'm still super excited to finally have a woodie at Towers; the UK's first New woodie for over 20 years, the first *major* new woodie in *England* since - I'm not even sure - the 1930s?! I'm amazed there are so many negative comments going on!

Pear

Strata Poster
I think they should have scaled down the statue a little bit. It seems a bit out of proportion with the rest of the ride whereas the Marmalizer works well with the height and size of the ride.

Lofty

CF Legend
I’m really liking the marketing so far, shame the product is gonna be so sub par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mouse

Giga Poster
Yeah I'm enjoying the marketing campaign, although I wish Alton would stop going for dark themes. The Flume area had a joyful pleasant atmosphere, which is a nice contrast to dark forest and gloomy wood. Ug land has already been fully re-themed to something much darker; hopefully the same won't happen to this area. I wanna be walking through a variety of atmospheres, not just the same re-used horror thing.

spicy

Giga Poster
^Agreed it would actually be so refreshing to have a bright and lively area with a mix of adult & family attractions at some point, like the original pre 2005 Ug Land. Such a bright fun theme & loved Corkscrew's paint job to resemble T-Rex bones. Then Rita came and made a mess of it :)

Lofty

CF Legend
How about taking a ride before you make your mind up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How about looking from an educated guess it won't be that good? The only GCI I really love is Wodan which has the size, speed and theming to boot - this does not.

WhollyRudeTech

Roller Poster
How about looking from an educated guess it won't be that good? The only GCI I really love is Wodan which has the size, speed and theming to boot - this does not.

Aah I didn’t know they had finished building everything including all the theming. Oh wait they haven’t. As from an educated guess, would you have said that Nemesis wouldn’t be that good before it opened as it doesn’t look that big or fast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
Nemesis is obviously built into a pit with a comparatively huge difference in height between the top and bottom points as would've been visible from construction.. this looks like a smaller version of InvadR which is a decent but slightly meh family coaster from what I've heard. It'll be a good addition as a fun family coaster for sure but it's clearly not going to intense or mind blowing with or without good theming.

Will

Strata Poster
^
That's right. It does.
wodan_europa-park_1920x1080_2.jpg

Rinse and repeat throughout the queue line.

And while I'm not generally an advocate of judging a ride by its POV/layout/no limits recreation, it's fair to say this ride's going to be nothing special.

EDIT: Ah, sorry ATI - my mistake :) At least it was an excuse to post that pic ;)

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^
That's right. It does.
wodan_europa-park_1920x1080_2.jpg

Rinse and repeat throughout the queue line.

And while I'm not generally an advocate of judging a ride by its POV/layout/no limits recreation, it's fair to say this ride's going to be nothing special.

I was talking about SW8 having theming. But Wodan's theming looks awesome!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Didn't even twig that Wodan was GCI.

Hopes slightly higher for this then, if it has a crazy airtime bunny hop or a similar out of control feel to it I think it might surprise some people.

Although, the more I mention it to people, the more I'm met with replies of "MADE OUT OF WOOD?!?"