What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Lofty

CF Legend
Ok, so, the text on the website says 'Be Chosen', which we sort of guessed it would anyway.

I've worked out like 17 of the glyphs so far, working not he other ones as we speak.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
You can work out all letters except J, X, Y, Z in that video. Bit of a shame they've gone for a straight out letter for symbol approach, but I guess not many people would be willing to put in the effort for something a bit more time-consuming.

There's not much else in that video of note though. There's a few 'weird' things like some hairstyle changes, things moving / disappearing, but not that interesting. The SW8 book that drops on the floor is written by 'N. E. Soheeb'; part of me hopes it's meant to try and be an anagram of 'hone bees', to try and make people think of the Wickerman vibe..

Edit: Never mind, the book is by N. E. Sohceb, which is 'Be Chosen' Backwards...

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
You can work out 17 of the letters and the number 8 from the video. The website and all other words that have been put everywhere just say 'Be Chosen' or 'Chosen', there's no other info anywhere.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
You can work out 17 of the letters and the number 8 from the video. The website and all other words that have been put everywhere just say 'Be Chosen' or 'Chosen', there's no other info anywhere.

You can definitely work out more than 17.

The phrases 'Secret Weapon Programme' (TV screen), 'Entrance' (Air Poster) and 'SW8 - Ground Breaking Development (construction is happening) are all translated. H and Q are translated when she walks past the bookcase. Some of them are a bit hard to make out, but they're all there; leaving just J, X, Y, Z unknown for now (though Z and O are left untranslated when she walks past the bookshelf..)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^ apart from all the other backwards wooden coasters there have been?
(to be fair, I think they have all reverted to forwards only these days)

Ok, I'll rephrase. World's first DECENT backwards roller coaster and world's ONLY backwards roller coaster.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Considering the amount of downtime X:/WTF had because people were throwing up everywhere, I doubt Merlin would consider a backwards coaster. It's not new, or anything special, and would ruin what could be a good little ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Anyone got a coaster count for Elliot Crawford? I'm sure he's had to have ridden at least 150 roller coasters to be so knowledgeable! :p

Random side question as well - why was Rita not a SW coaster?

J1SH

Roller Poster
Anyone going to consider the awfully loud sort of white noise at the end of the video? It's probably there for a slight creep factor but it does seem rather strange.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Anyone going to consider the awfully loud sort of white noise at the end of the video? It's probably there for a slight creep factor but it does seem rather strange.
Just assume it's all a rouse. All of it, is a rouse.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
If you look at the sound as a waveform (not sure if that's the right word) it just says 'BE CHOSEN'. Seems like all the codes so far just say that.