What's new

ALTON TOWERS - Scarefest 16-31 October

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The 2010 Scarefest promises to offer the most spooktacular event yet! With spine-tingling spooks for younger visitors and haunting horrors for thrill-seeking ghost hunters, there’s something for the entire family at Alton Towers Resort this Halloween.

Trick or Treat Doors
Millie, Molly and Meg are three peculiar witches that come back to the Alton Towers Resort every year, and love nothing more than to give out lots of treats and surprises, which one will you get?.

Scarefest Characters
Skelvin, Franklin, Patch, and Phil are ready to welcome all our guests to this amazing event. They love this time of year, when they can join in with all the spooktacular fun.

Skelvin’s Haunted Adventure
Join Skelvin on his haunted adventure as he takes over this old abandoned house. Watch out for Skelvin’s friends, and have your wits about you as some of them might have a few surprises in store.

The Boiler House
Enter this grisly hideout at your peril. A pair of psychopathic serial Killers are on the loose. Do you dare risk falling victim to their gruesome games. Only the brave will survive the dark and bloody corridors of The Boiler House.

Terror of the Towers – What Lies Within!
Strange noise have been heard emanating from the imposing, menacing building in the dead of the night. Some fear it may be a dark and evil force, lurking deep within the Towers. Dare you brave the rubble and hazards of the ruins, and uncover the horrific terror that lies within?

Carnival of Screams - New for 2010
The circus has come to town, however you will wish this terrifying, and freakish troop had never arrived.

Scare Rooms
Only the bravest should book into these rooms, and sleep isn’t guaranteed. Bumps in the night can defiantly be guaranteed, and scares can come from the most unexpected places.

Opening hours
10am - 9pm daily.

Further reading: http://www.altontowers.com/events/halloween-scarefest

nadroJ

CF Legend
Can you still use the annual pass to get into Alton's scarefest? Or are they doing a Thorpe?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Question about transport during Scarefest:

Do they have extended bus services running from the Resort to Uttoxeter station? i found the routes that run throughout the year from the Resort to the station, yet the last one leaving the resort is at, well, not too long after 7pm. I want to be there as long as possible, and would prefer not to leave early as I will already arrive about an hour or 2 after opening time.

I'm planning on going with a friend on the Saturday 23rd via train, so will be using the bus service to get to the park from the station and back.

Does anybody know if they extend the service to later on? If not, I'd be buggered xD

EDIT: Just got a massage on FB from Alton:

"We'll speak to the Alton Towers Resort transport team Ciall and endeavour to let you know - if there are, they'll be updated soon in the plan your visit section of altontowers.com"

So I will post in here when I know so others can plan their journey

Ben

CF Legend
Why don't you go via Stoke, cause, Uttoxeter is HELL </3

And I THINK there's one excessively late back to Stoke anyway. Plus, surely the train there and stuff is a lot easier from MK? The bus route is a little longer, but, Stoke > Uttoxeter.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I was thinking that, but was leaving all options open for now. I know Stoke would be easier, but early stages of planing at the moment.

It'll be my second time at Scarefest - last year was <3 and I do plan on doing Trick or Treat Doors again and embarrassing myself :p (Ohhhh, WHY did Neal video it and pop it on Youtube?!?!). Blonde witch = <3 <3

I did do the pay mazes last year, and they were "meh", but I was assured by workers that this years will be much improved, so I may considerer doing them.

Tower of the Terrors was made of win last year <3 It blew me away with the effects, length and shizz. It needs a holding and plausible storyline, however, and then it will just be amazing.

Ben

CF Legend
To be fair, I don't actually think it would be possible to make any mazes WORSE than the two paid mazes last year.

Which is weird because of how outstanding Terror of the Towers was.

I still miss Room 13 <3

Although, the ending of Field of 0 Screams was VERY Resident Evil <3

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
When I came out of Boiler Room last year, they were asking a few of us what we thought for feedback. I mentioned how disappointed I was about it all as ToT was so amazing, and I had an extensive chat with one of the workers. He informed me the budget for ToT was exceptionally higher than the budget put in for Boiler Room and Field of 1000 Screams. If I remember correctly, they had only £100,000 for Boiler Room, which included complete construction of it all, and well over £500,000 was spent on ToT.

They said budgeting would be more even this year, so ToT may take a slight dip in quality, but oh well.

I maintain that Alton do better for Halloween than Thorpe.

coasterC

Roller Poster
me and lewisrox are going this year.... it had to be carnival replacing field, didnt it!! Im absolutely terrified of clowns, and so is lewisrox. Brilliant. :roll:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Damn it! I'm prob. gonna get to go to Alton this weekend, but their Scarefest doesn't start till the weekend after! In the words of Will Whyyyyyy!

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
Scarefest is masive good, tot is better, Skelvin´s... is Duel live but different name. One word "wow" can´t wait till its dark

cp23

Mega Poster
I've just come back from two days at the Towers and, having only ever experienced Thorpe's Fright Nights, thoroughly enjoyed Alton's take on Halloween. I thought Terror of the Towers was superb, Skelvin's Haunted Adventure was great fun (although the queue line dialogue was not working for the whole of Saturday for some reason) and was probably the closest you can get to riding the original Haunted House (bring it back!) and the rides looked stunning at night.

Carnival of Screams was all right, certainly nothing to write home about, whereas the Boiler House was very good indeed. Neither is as good as Terror of the Towers, but I think the Boiler House is probably better than all of Thorpe's mazes. I still think it's a bit off to charge £10 to do these, when Thorpe has 5 free scare mazes.

Also, the leaflets were advertising 'Thirteen at Night' - apparently the queue line was 'haunted' between 5 and 9, but we went on it twice at night and apart from a few lights and a smoke machine there was absolutely nothing different about the queue line at all.

I was also a bit miffed that there was no early ride time. I've just seen that this is stated on the website, but when I booked on line (for the 16th and 17th) it told me I would get ERT, and even the letter that accompanied the tickets told me I would get ERT as I had booked on line. I find this very poor indeed, as we made a special effort to get to the park at 9, only to be kept waiting at the entrance with members of staff not even aware of when the park was due to open (one told us she thought it was opening at 9 and wasn't sure why the gates were still closed). I was quite angry about this but it didn't spoil the day in the end.