What's new

Alton Towers Live: Part 2

CJH21

Roller Poster
Well as we are all aware Alton Towers are set to host a "Live" event, on the 19th of June.
JLS
McFly
The Saturdays
Eliza Dolittle

Are all set to perform.

What has now come to light is that Alton Towers are now planning a 2nd part to the live event.
After seeing P!NK performing last year, they deemed that as a huge success, and for this year the BIG act will be:

The Black Eyed Peas.
Performing on Wednesday 6th July.
28,000 tickets have been allocated for this event.

Seems like Towers are well and truly bringing back big concerts, a thing of the past.
The past has seen acts such as
Tina Turner
Wet Wet Wet
Bryan Adams
James
Chris De'Burgh
Who would you like to see in the future, and what are your views on the acts performing for 2011.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Who would you like to see in the future,
No one. It's a theme park, not a concert venue. Well, to me at least.

and what are your views on the acts performing for 2011.
My thoughts... meh... see above. :)

More interestingly for me (and maybe rather obviously for others), where do they host these events? Is it on the lawn by the lake?

CJH21

Roller Poster
Yes the front lawn is the venue.
Basically other exits are opened up after a certain time, only ticket holders for the concert are permitted, at P!NK, they had to leave through Mutiny Bay gates, and re-enter through the turnstiles into the concert arena.

Additional Exits are:
Mutiny Bay
Forbidden Valley

Spinball shut around 3pm last time as it was in the concert arena.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Outside the hotel. Where the Field of Screams once stood.

I might actually go to The Black Eyed Peas one. I don't like them, but some of their songs are alright actually.

EDIT: Hang on. Wasn't P!nk held over near the Hotel? Thats what I thought I got told..

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, they set the stage up against the lake like they do at the firework events. I had pictures from P!nk last year if either of us could be bothered to look for the topic :lol:

I'm not fussed by them at all. It's a good place to set up an assassination I guess ;)

Ben

CF Legend
When I saw the past list at first I thought that was for a date this year and I got WELL excited <//3

I'd MUCH rather go see a bit of Tina than ANY of those <//3

Even P!nk last year couldn't tempt me to pay/put up with that sort of day at Alton, so... no thanks!

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
I remember seeing Madness at Alton towers but we didn't even know they were going to be there, was quite a nice surprise actually :D

I think it was some sort of BT staff event thing (Even though none of my family worked at BT).