What's new

Alton Towers' Galactica VR coaster/Rollercoaster Restaurant

Alex23

Roller Poster
Alton Towers have submitted two lots of planning permission, the first one is "Extension to the existing 'Air Shop' and the installation of a new themed entrance feature" which is rumoured to be a Foodloop restaurant. The second one is "Certificate of lawfulness for the lawful implementation of building operations (constructions works) that commence development of Alton Towers Hotel Extension (ref. 11/00402/REM1MJ)" This relates to an application that was approved back in 2006 to extend the hotel.

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=78034

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=78014

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Alton Towers submits planning permission

"Foodloop"? You're excited for a restaurant? I mean... come on.

Let me Google that so I can see for myself how silly this is, and taunt you for being ridi...cu..l... ...

Foodloop! <3!

Temleh

Mega Poster

Seems like they're missing a trick not tying the FoodLoop in with The Smiler.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Temleh said:
Seems like they're missing a trick not tying the FoodLoop in with The Smiler.
Would you really want to hear the psychological torture they blast in the Smiler's queue whilst eating say, a burger?

Exactly

nadroJ

CF Legend

It's so weird to feel excited about a Merlin project, and it's a restaurant for god's sake XD Hopefully this is a step in the right direction for them and proof of how they can be fab without resorting to IPs <3

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Foodloop can f**k off; the food's s**te.

spicy

Giga Poster

Foodloop is still kind of an IP though :lol:

If its anything like Europa Park's, it will be amazing.

Also surprised they are extending the hotel after just building the Enchanted village. They obviously have the demand for it though even with the ridiculous prices they charge.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

gavin said:
Foodloop can f**k off; the food's s**te.

I'm with gavin actually, Foodloop at Europa is a bit mediocre foodwise I found... Though it may be because I'm fussy...

Plus, it ALWAYS has a queue...

mouse

Giga Poster

Sure, the food may not be great, but it LOOPS!!!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Y'all are **** ing idiots. " Let me pay £5 for some soggy chips because they get shunted down a rail!"

Don't know what I expected from the forum that thinks Merlin's pizza/pasta buffet is decent.

Shame on all of you.

Shame!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Merlin's food is actually vile. Pizza Pasta is terrible and so is their Burger Co place.. The only thing that is passable is their chicken place but even thats greasy as hell. Merlin food can go away.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Sure, Gavin may be right about the quality, but it's still a good idea to add it.

I mean, where else in England will you find a restaurant that delivers you food via roller coaster? The kids will love it, the families will flock to it, and Merlin will get a profit from it.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

I think this would be perfect on Towers Street, staying open a little later than the park so people can have a meal before they leave without it taking time out of riding.

Excited to see this come to Towers, strange that the Air shop is expanding, it always seems dead.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Yh, the food is terrible, but that's not what it's about, it's alllll novelty!