What's new

Alton Towers & Blackpool - new credits

toofpikk

Mega Poster
I WENT TO ALTON TOWERS & BLACKPOOL LAST WEEK WITH MY MATE

yeah we went and did the new rolly toasters

everything and anything that does or does not need to be said about these rides has already been typed out so im gonna keep this short:

Personally I thought Icon was surprisingly intense in parts, really good fun, and a perfect fit for blackpool. Just the ending was a bit poopy.

Wickerman also exceeded my expectations. It was really good fun, as a coaster, and it definitely doesnt try to be anything more then it is which is nice. But I do think the theming is still very lacklustre and nothing like what its hyped up to be. Still nice tho.

Im very glad I read and talked about these rides alot, before I did them. My expectations were massively lowered, and opened up the more I talked about them with other nerds, so going in expecting very little and being given anything more then that was really cool.

so yeah. Icon was really worth the trip to Blackpool, and Wickerman was quite worth the trip to towers. What was really refreshing was we did both parks with a guy who hadn't been to a theme park in 10 years, and his perspective on things was really cool to converse about.

Heres a little video I made, just incase you got bored of reading (my lens broke at towers & I tried to quickfix it at the hotel before blackpool but it kept having problems so I didnt get as much footage as I would've liked, but still I wanted to make something cos it was a fun trip. If you're really easily offended dont watch it)
tl;dr
both new rides are really good.
: poop :