What's new

Al Zawra’a Dream Park | Unknown | Vekoma SLC

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Re: Al Zaawra Amusementpark| Unknown | Vekoma SLC

Interestingly this is the first Standard SLC built since 2004 when Magic Springs got theirs.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

I wonder if this one will have the new generation trains or if it will open with the old standard ones.

I am no engineer so let me ask a question: would it be a lot of trouble for Vekoma to implement the new track system (outer rails) on the classic SLC design to make it a bit smoother?

kadabrium

Roller Poster

oriolat2 said:
I wonder if this one will have the new generation trains or if it will open with the old standard ones.

I am no engineer so let me ask a question: would it be a lot of trouble for Vekoma to implement the new track system (outer rails) on the classic SLC design to make it a bit smoother?
Why I only see they basically just need to turn the wheel axle 180 degrees so they face outside?

andrus

Giga Poster

I am actually a bit surprised that none of of the newer Boomerangs or SLC's has incorporated the new track design! Surely it can't be that hard to incorporate the new track into an existing design?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Yes but why bother spending time or money doing that if they're still selling?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Iraq would be such a cred!

_koppen

Hyper Poster

andrus said:
I am actually a bit surprised that none of of the newer Boomerangs or SLC's has incorporated the new track design! Surely it can't be that hard to incorporate the new track into an existing design?

Well for the SLC's it could be done pretty easily. They just have to redesign it for the new track with new supports and calculate it.

It's more difficult for the Boomerang's tough, as they have to design a whole new lift system for it, when the free space between the rails disappear.

Temleh

Mega Poster

kadabrium said:
oriolat2 said:

Why I only see they basically just need to turn the wheel axle 180 degrees so they face outside?

Yeah, those track ties on the outside of the rails might cause a little bit of a flaw in your plan.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
10004003_222508384604809_1859878306_n.jpg

Footers are in. No sign of vertical construction yet.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
That park looks... interesting.

It's located in Baghdad, one of the all-round hottest cities on the planet, yet that entire area seems to be all bare concrete and no shade. Standing in a queue for any amount of time looks uncomfortable as heck. Perhaps that's why the queue lines are all so short?

Either way, an SLC looks like a decent addition to the park. Or at least, it can't be much worse than those other things the city has been through the past couple of decades.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I've been somewhat slacking with this one as the ride was complete ages ago. These pics are from September. The ride is finished now. But no testing yet as far as I can tell. While they sort out the surrounding area.

Iraq21.jpg

Iraq41.jpg

Iraq101.jpg

And an image of the complete ride (Although somewhat lacking a station or trains) from December

SLCSaint.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Missed this but the ride is now open and has been running for some time

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shSzafDbvlw[/youtubevid]

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwQQeWKuXP4[/youtubevid]