What's new

'Accident' on Knightmare

Will

Strata Poster
Oh dear.
I'm probably several steps behind here, but do we know where it was being transported to? Did anyone ever buy the ride?

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I saw an image yesterday that showed them transporting some of the track as well as the trains, cant for the life of me find it now but am curious as to why its moving!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Southport were planning it, but pulled out because the current owners were asking way too much considering the work that needed doing to it.

Maybe they dropped the price?

No idea.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
If it is going to Southport, it's certainly travelling a strange way - Thornton is north of both Camelot and Southport (and a few miles north of Blackpool). Either it's being moved for storage, or, what sadly seems more likely, it's going to end up in a scrap heap.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
According to the article, the trains and track were being moved FROM an industrial estate nearby before this happened....wonder what it could have been doing there?

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I saw some urban explorer photos of Camelot a few weeks back where the the train and station track had been removed but the rest of the coaster was still there so I wonder if it's just something about keeping the train intact rather than any sign the whole thing has been sold.

davidm

Strata Poster
If it goes to Southport, it'll just be joining the other lawn-ornament abandoned coaster trains that they have there (at least 2?)

Matt N

CF Legend
I drove down the M6 on Saturday, and I'm afraid to say that Knightmare is still gathering dust. I'm sure a park will buy it soon, though!