What's new

Accident at Lightwater Valley

Matt N

CF Legend
They could always relocate Ultimate. Would fit great in a park like Adventure Island or another one of the other seaside/pier parks.
I’d be intrigued to know why you think this, as The Ultimate was designed specifically to fit the land at Lightwater; it really hugs the terrain. As such, relocating it to a seaside property would be a challenge. In fact, I think it takes up a larger area than the entirety of any seaside park in Britain for a start; I seem to remember 60 acres being thrown around somewhere. By comparison, Blackpool Pleasure Beach takes up 42 acres.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I’d be intrigued to know why you think this, as The Ultimate was designed specifically to fit the land at Lightwater; it really hugs the terrain. As such, relocating it to a seaside property would be a challenge. In fact, I think it takes up a larger area than the entirety of any seaside park in Britain for a start; I seem to remember 60 acres being thrown around somewhere. By comparison, Blackpool Pleasure Beach takes up 42 acres.
200.gif

T0M

Hyper Poster
Forgive me, but on what basis do we believe a ground-hugging, sleeper-supported, completely custom-manufactured, hybrid/Frankenstein of a ride could be relocated *anywhere*?

I guess on the same insanity that led for the thing to be built in the first place...

If that is the way forward, then fairs. Relocate Raptor Attack to another UK park, Ultimate becomes a listed ride and they go down that route that is a slightly more thrilling Sundown Adventureland

I trust you're not being disparaging to Sundown? I bloody love Sundown only behind Blackgang Chine in the kids theme parks in my house. And they both piss all over bloody CBeebies Land.

Last edited:
I trust you're not being disparaging to Sundown? I bloody love Sundown only behind Blackgang Chine in the kids theme parks in my house. And ther both piss all over bloody CBeebies Land.
Nah course not. Sundown Adventureland markets themselves really well so a more thrilling version bridges the gap from the age range of Sundown Adventure to the age range of parks like Flamingo Land and Alton Towers