What's new

Accident at Alton Towers

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Hardly surprising she's done another interview considering the case and verdict was recently.

I 100% believe this will be the last we hear from her.

:-"

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
She's still got This Morning and the Daily Mirror to do before her regular haunts are done. It won't the last we hear of her either, because she's being constantly told by her Twitter followers how brave and inspirational she is, therefore she's helping others. It's all rather cringeworthy now. TBH, even though I want this to shut down, I'd rather hear what Leah and Joe have to say about it because they're normal people, not craving attention or doing anything to stay in the public eye, they're simply getting on with their lives.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
She actually sounds rational and sensible in that last interview though. It's no longer the crazy SHUT IT DOWWWWN. It's worth a read.

Ethan

Strata Poster
As a fellow student in the city of Nottingham, I love it! Like, I get how it's in bad taste, but it's still great.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Joe Pugh probably was googling his name again because he called it out saying it was "disgusting" or w/e. But what is funny is despite apparently having limbs hanging off them the student union said "in no way intended to reference the tragedy".
More importantly, I had never really thought myself as a talent scouter, but I had an epiphany in the shower.
_91998185_hi028973591.jpg

I think they should form a pop group and become Britain's next entry for Eurovision. They've got all the star qualities required. They'd be like ABBA, but FABBA.

TheFlyerMan1

Roller Poster
Ian said:
She's still got This Morning and the Daily Mirror to do before her regular haunts are done. It won't the last we hear of her either, because she's being constantly told by her Twitter followers how brave and inspirational she is, therefore she's helping others. It's all rather cringeworthy now. TBH, even though I want this to shut down, I'd rather hear what Leah and Joe have to say about it because they're normal people, not craving attention or doing anything to stay in the public eye, they're simply getting on with their lives.

I totally agree... But I still don't understand what everybody has against me! Couldn't you all tell she was putting up a Six-Flags style facade, you know, totally weak cardboard? But yes, she loved her moment in the limelight, but this is what tipped me. All you need to see is the headline and then you're done.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37561226

She was more annoyed at one person's (lack of) training but she took it out on Merlin and the entire establishment! Like, that's kinda unfair!

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Pink Panther said:
I think they should form a pop group and become Britain's next entry for Eurovision. They've got all the star qualities required. They'd be like ABBA, but FABBA.
I'm sure it would be a smash hit.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I mean, even at the best of times the Daily Mail comments section really is the last confirmation needed that this country is a **** cess pool of cretinous buffoons, but still;

Londonlighter, London Uk, 16 hours ago

When is Alton Towers closing down, it's about time. Roller coasters are so last millennium

pilgrim pete, plymouth, United Kingdom, 15 hours ago

Someone should close this deathrap of a place down.

petemus1, epsom, 16 hours ago

Why anyone would wish to risk their children's lives ( and pay for it ) on these potential death traps is beyond me

cthroughit, Lancs, United Kingdom, 12 hours ago

Boycott such idiotic rides

opiola, Manchester, United Kingdom, 12 hours ago

For the love Of God shut this detritus down - we have enough poison pouring into our country without the need for us to self destruct on these nasty little rides

silversurferfrances, Ashford near Staines, United Kingdom, 12 hours ago

Close it down now. How awful for the heroes who got injured there last year. Especially that lovely young couple who were out on their first date.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The comments are **** amazing.

"Withdraw their licence to operate, or use Compulsory Purchase to take the land, bulldoze it and build a council estate or something. To get the licence to operate a theme park someone has to say it's safe. Someone did, it wasn't. Again someone did, again it wasn't. Again they did, and yet again it wasn't. Who exactly is it that keeps "signing off" on this park?"

People are so dumb.

PeteA

Roller Poster
Hey guys...

I recommend that any incorrect articles are complained against.

This is the link to the UK press complaints commission.

This story is about someone going into the restricted area of the ride and should be complained against. Come on guys, we all know this is wrong, lets complain when it is

https://www.ipso.co.uk/make-a-complaint/#WhatCanIComplainAbout

My comment was....

Dear Sir / Madam.

This article indicates that a major incident occurred at the park and indeed they have stated the "THIRD in just over a year".

Further on down the article an Alton Towers spokesperson states....

"Alton Towers confirmed the Spinball Whizzer - which rotates 360 degrees at high speed - was stopped at 1pm today after a guest entered a 'strictly prohibited' area"

Therefore the cause of the problem was not mechanical, but a "guest" of the park who had entered a restricted area.

Therefore this news story suggests that Alton Towers is unsafe, whereas this new article is actually about a guest of the park who broke safety rules and entered an area they shouldn't have and therefore the operators shut down the ride as they saw this guest who had entered a restricted area (even though there are signs saying do not enter).

This is therefore a misleading story and the Daily Mail should offer a retraction due to the damaging nature of this story against Alton Towers.