What's new

A New Chapter in China #2 - Part 10: Shanghai & Summary

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Awesome report - Glad someone reports from these illusive Chinese parks (so we don't have to)....or should I say to know which ones are worth it. The Fantawild parks particularly intrigue me as a dark ride/immersive experience fan, some POVs starting to pop up on youtube - which i've not been able to help myself from looking at (as no idea when I'll visit China next - and I could be dead tomorrow so my curiosity is too great).

Which leads me onto this question:- have you or are you planning on visiting Fantawild Taizhou? Because I've seen a POV of their dark ride Forest Drifting:- Bonnie Bears themed boat ride - and from the POV looks like one of the most stunning dark rides about, but looks like it might only be as good as how early you visit it i.e. all effects in action.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Which leads me onto this question:- have you or are you planning on visiting Fantawild Taizhou? Because I've seen a POV of their dark ride Forest Drifting:- Bonnie Bears themed boat ride - and from the POV looks like one of the most stunning dark rides about, but looks like it might only be as good as how early you visit it i.e. all effects in action.
Yes. Loved it.
https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/a-new-chapter-in-china-summary.46484/post-1161183
As I often, mostly jokingly, allude to in these reports now, there should be plenty more Fantawild POVs to come on the DRdb Youtube at some point, including that one.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Elsewhere in the park there were more discoveries to be made. They appeared to be claiming that they had a flying theatre. Everyone has a flying theatre.

Apparently they have a dark ride at Wushang Dream park called 'time and space museum', theres a brief glimpse of it in this video between 02.11 and 02.41 :-

Attachments

• W020230512315233499266.jpg
    W020230512315233499266.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 4

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Apparently they have a dark ride at Wushang Dream park called 'time and space museum', theres a brief glimpse of it in this video between 02.11 and 02.41 :-

Ugh, never take names and signs at face value I guess. Back to Wuhan for me...