What's new

6th Annual CF Coaster Tournament

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
2012 Champion: El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure

View the Brackets at: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=429065

In the brackets after you click "2012 Bracket" at the top of the page there is a link that says Predict It!. This year I thought it would be fun for people to predict the tournament outcome before it starts, and see who did the best in the end. (Unfortunately you do need an account to do this. Registering is easy, but don't bother if you don't want to create a bracketmaker account.)

I know last years info was up until like 2 months ago, but its already that time again!

The format of this tournament is going to stay the same as last year with one bracket of 128 coasters. A rule that has been applied this year is if a coaster wins out of the first round into the second, it is guaranteed a spot in the next year's tournament. (Even one vote versus zero for a coaster could make or break its seeding the next year, or making the tournament at all.)

For those with questions on how the coasters were seeded, here is how it worked. I used the results from years past mostly to seed each one. For new coasters opening I simply guessed where they would fit well. So if some coasters are higher or lower then where you would place it, it is simply a matter of opinion and due to how that coaster ended up in last years tournament. Don't get to caught up in seeding as it is not a huge deal. Over the years coasters make the tournament, then miss out, then make it again depending on other coasters performance and changes in ratings, people's views, as well as a coaster operating to SBNO, then back to operating.

The brackets are posted at http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=429065 and if you click on the name of the coasters it takes you to a POV of the coaster or their RCDB page so you can see first hand to help with your voting. Where we had CF videos of the coasters I took those otherwise they are usually from TPR with a little extra beyond the POV so just skip in the video to what you're interested in for those cases. In each bracket under each matchup it says "Game ___ Details" and when I post the topic for voting I will title it "(Name of Bracket) Matches __, __, __, & __" So I'm changing the word "Game" to "Match" when I post the topic title so don't get confused by that. Also after the matchup is done the score of how many votes each coaster got will be posted in the bracket below that matchup.

When voting use either the name of the coaster or the seed number in your post to say which you are voting for. In the event of someone voting for both coasters in a match-up, neither vote will be counted. (This happens every year where people mistakingly vote for both coasters in one match and none in another.) So please try and be cautious so all your votes will count.

Every topic will be open for voting for 24 hours from Midnight-Midnight ET. Voting is open until I close off the voting and make the final post so if I don't stop it after 24 hours then voting technically is still open for a little longer then 24 hours and that will happen where I may not get on every day. You may NOT vote on a poll after I close it off and I would appreciate it very much as well if you didn't post after I close it off either cause then the old topic is above the new open topic and it confuses myself and others. (In the past few years team members have been a great help in locking topics to further prevent this from happening.)

An added stat I'm putting in the polls this year is the results of previous matches in past years between the two coasters. The stats date back to the 2nd CF Coaster Tournament in 2008, the results from 2007 were not used on BracketMaker and are no longer easily accessible for me to get those stats. Note: Stats regarding Batman the Ride Clones may have more results due to the coasters competing separately in earlier years of the tournaments.

Coasters in the tournament must have been open and operating to the public by the start day of the tournament.

Rules:

1- You may only vote once per topic, double voting will not count any of your votes.
2- You are allowed to vote even if you haven't ridden the coasters.
3- When voting please put your vote on the top of your post then hit enter and leave a line space before making any comments so it's easier to count the votes.

In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be determined this way. The first tie of the tournament will be broken by the first person to vote in that poll, the second tie to the second person to post in the poll of the day which the tie took place, etc.

CF Coaster Tournament Winners from Years Past:
2007- El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
2008- T Express, Everland
2009- Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce
2010- Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce
2011- Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce

I have been asked about connecting with Social Media sites a few times when this ended last year. If Ian (Or whoever runs the facebook page.) is interested in posting each days matchup, I'm open to it and can count the votes from facebook as well. If this does happen, those on CF please DO NOT vote on both CF and facebook just post your vote in the topic on here.

Some people have found the overall concept of the tournament pointless, because Boulder Dash has won three years in a row. However, just about everyone seems to find the day to day matches quite fun no matter the round. Also, in sports if a team wins 3 or 4 years in a row they don't just stop playing the sport now do they? Eventually the reign ends.

Hoping to Start the tournament at 12:00am ET, Monday, July 16.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Alright sorry about that then. I guess if people would like they can create an account, but otherwise just forget about that.