And the verdict is...

• 21st Century Breakdown!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 21st Century Letdown!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I know I said I would stop doing this and for the most part I have been true to my word. However this is a long awaited album from a relatively mainstream band so most people will have some sort of opinion.

The new Greenday album seems to be splitting opions so I want to know what everyone else thinks. I personally think it is their best work to date.

It is a departure from the previous records in that it is more power pop, balled driven but I think it is a good change.

A

Anonymous

LiveForTheLaunch said:
If it includes that song on the radio (something about enemies or something), then it's terrible.

Know your enemy

It is a 50/50 split with me it has a good feel in some but in others it feels like forced.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I dont mind that^ song, but the rest seem too samey. Its like its the exact same songs. Overall, I dislike them.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I was hoping this topic was about the breakdown of society in the 21st Century, something I could vent and get my teeth into. Quite disappointed, so I voted for "Letdown".

c&r

Mega Poster
Lol @ Taylor having musical opinions

Lol @ me thinking the same thing as Ian

Lol @ green day for being awful

Dave

CF Legend
I'd rather put pins in my eyes, than listen to a load of political punk rock about as political as King Goon's collection of 9' nails.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
And this is why we don't have topics like this... One post in favour, all the rest saying how much they dislike it. Sadly Dan, this is a coaster website, so you'll find very few people with close enough musical tastes to actually get a decent discussion about music going (if you're after a fans opinion of the music rather than just everyone slagging the band off).

c&r

Mega Poster
I dunno Phil, isn't it just that greenday are ****e? I'm sure if we started a topic about a fairly well known but also could be considered decent - but not good enough to be a one sided discussion - band, the conversation would flow like crazy. I can't really think of any off the top of my head, but yeah. What about the white stripes? They're good, well known enough, and I bet there's some people on here who ****ing hate them ;-)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Green Day are good when you're 19 years old and you want some singy along crap to shout with your fellow drunken mates. Been there, done brought, brought the ****ing CD and then eBayed it when I realised it's not been played for seven years.

Yes, you can say that's an ignorant attitude to have but meh. If their music cannot inspire myself (or anybody older than 20 years old) then they can't be good. It's Britney Spears for hetrosexuals.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
At first, I hated all of it. then I listening to it a few more times and now I seen to like it, but still not as much as American Idiot.

21 Guns and Restless Heart Syndrome are the best tracks on there.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Greenday are ****e, Billy Joe possibly has the most annoying singing voice ever. Their songs are also extremely repetitive, and Know Your Enemy is one of the worst songs out atm.

My sister bought the album, I wasn't expecting much and it was even worse than I imagined.