What's new

[2012] Return of a Schwarzkopf Classic (+ Concept Art)

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
In a French Belgian newspaper, Walibi Belgium announced some very good news for themeparkfans that are pretty keen on the only European Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop.

The article says that Walibi Belgium has asked for a construction permit to reopen Turbine for the 2012 season. If they get the permission, riding Turbine will be a complete new experience as they also have asked permission to make the two 45 meter high far end spikes completly indoor. To make Turbine a complete indoor rollercoaster, Walibi Belgium hopes to reduce the noise the ride makes for the locals of the park. ATS, an ingeneering company in Belgium stated that, if Walibi Belgium will make Turbine indoor, it will no longer be the loudest ride in the park.

Walibi Belgium also started a study to expand the park, closer to Ottignies and Louvain-La-Neuve (that expansion is HUGE). Inhibitants from aswel Wavre as Louvain-La-Neuve have the chance to check out that study till February 3d.

If the plan to re-open Turbine fails, Walibi Belgium said that there already is a plan B, which is the already announced project 'Fabulous', which, if rumours are true, will be a new model of Spinning Coasters, starting from the former station of Turbine.

There is no decision made about both plans, says Caroline Crucifix, PR Manager from Walibi Belgium. The study for expansion is still running and no end date has been set yet. However, she does feel very positive about the re-opening of Turbine in 2012.

Source: PretparkKriebels and l'Avenir

msep003

Roller Poster
its been closed for more than 2 years right now and i bet they would have to make their own wheels and brakes .

I like the smell of this ride .

Dave

CF Legend
But then surely a manufacturer such as Gerstlauer can help out, as they used to be part of Schwarzkopf.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
What can Gerstlauer do to a hair product?

msep003 said:
its been closed for more than 2 years right now and i bet they would have to make their own wheels and brakes .

I like the smell of this ride .

Nearly all theme parks don't buy spares from the manufacturer. You don't need to buy wheels, you just get them re-laminated, and if you were going to buy new wheels, you just go to a 3rd party company for them, theres loads out there. Brakes are easy replace, the only part that would wear are the cylinders or pads on mechanical brakes, and magnetic brakes have no moving parts but cylinders.

Jake

Strata Poster
To be honest i'll be suprised if this does happen... but it'll be a pleasant suprise. If anything materialises i'll be sure to make a visit at some point in 2012 because the park would actually be WORTH going too after the constant removal of CREDS (not to mention the Vertigo fiasco)...

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Jake said:
To be honest i'll be suprised if this does happen... but it'll be a pleasant suprise. If anything materialises i'll be sure to make a visit at some point in 2012 because the park would actually be WORTH going too after the constant removal of CREDS (not to mention the Vertigo fiasco)...

Removals? I think you are mistaking Walibi Belgium with Walibi World. Tornado and Vertigo were the only rides ever removed in Walibi Belgium, whilst Walibi World has removed many thrillrides and had their Boomerang Coaster closed for over 5 years.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
The first plans of the indoor Turbine and the first drawings of the Spinning Coaster have appeared online:

110118020430129024.png

Plans for the Spinning Coaster: Project Fabulous:

110118013649401699.png

110118015509440106.png

110118015534411169.png

Details about the new Turbine, if it may open!

* The ride is still in full research to re-open in and have a well function. More capacity (launches) per than before.
* Turbine's new design is done to reduce the noise Turbine makes.
* Part of the ride is already indoor and the far end spikes will be placed or in a tube, or in somekind of factory chimney. These chimneys or tubes will each have light-effects and music inside them.
* The ride will get a new theming. The park is still working on it. Tubes or chimneys will be painted in a flashy color to fit the FlashBack theme. Outside supports will be painted in a color to fit the enviroment.
* The entrance of the ride will be situated at the front side of the building, where the train used to 'fly' out before. It will be an indoor queue for the comfort of guests during hot summerdays or rainy days.
* The station of the ride will probably themed as an old and abandoned factory (probably same 'date' as FlashBack theme, circa 1869)

Walibi Belgium also summed up the advantages of the Spinning Coaster, which would make them choose Fabulous before Turbine:

* Family-friendly ride
* Partially indoor, most intense part of the ride will be in the part of the building where the looping from Turbine used to be.
* 55 km/h instead of 85 km/h
* 21 meter hight instead of 42 km/h

Nic

Strata Poster
It doesn't matter how many times I see it, the name Caroline Crucifix always makes me lol.

Oh, yeah, and if this happens, I'll definitely be going. Thunderlooper in the dark <3