What's new

2012 Coaster Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I was on Mania Hub and they were talking about a new ride for Thorpe in 2012, there is a picture of the park from some sort of plane or helicopter and it was when Saw the ride was being constructed, if you look on the other side of Stealth they are filling part of the land. There were many guesses and alotof people thinking it would be a flyer, or a 265ft coaster?? I dnt think the 265ft coaster will be happening but a flyer or a floorless would be good. If they are thinking about any flat rides, then forget the coaster idea. But what does everyone think ?

http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/6703-2012-coaster/

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
I think we shouldn't plan too far ahead unless it's an official announcement from Thorpe themselves.

Jools

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Jools said:
To be fair, now Thirteen's open, it is Thorpe's turn right?

There's other parks as well, and Thorpe got Saw last year :roll:

2 years in advance on this is a bit ott as well...

True, so what Gardaland? :lol: Actually there have been rumours about this prototype B&M to be built there for next year, then Thorpe get one for 2012.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well, the land behind Stealth has been being filled ever since I can remember...so a good 3 years or so. Nothing new there.

But as there is no official announcement, and to avoid goons posting single line comments saying "I hope so" or similar, I believe this topic should be locked.

;)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Don't think they have, the hotel plans are still being worked on...

And who knows, maybe Legoland may get one, or indeed at a long shot Chessie...

Rumours are rumours, with always varying amounts of credibility and truth behind them...

This is a silly topic... Since it's 2 years away... And since we've already had a rumours topic about Thorpe and it's 'new' MDTP... Can't we just keep it all together?

wabbit42

Mega Poster
Its pretty damn obvious TP will get a new ride because:

1) Colossus 2000
Nemesis Inferno 2003
Stealth 2006
Saw 2009

You see where this is going...

2) Look from flying fish to the right of Stealth. Or on Google Earth/Maps, to the right of Stealth. There is a flattened part. My guess is a new ride will be built here. Also, that location fits in with tht MTDP we saw a few weeks back. Whether it was real or not anyway.

Ollie

CF Legend
wabbit42 said:
Its pretty damn obvious TP will get a new ride because:

1) Colossus 2000
Nemesis Inferno 2003
Stealth 2006
Saw 2009

You see where this is going...
Not really. Your dates are wrong. Colossus was opened in 2002. Just because they've previously opened the last three coasters on multiples of three doesn't make it 'damn' obvious.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'd say, it's also likely because of the 2012 Olympics. They would want something to draw tourists.

Either way, let's wait and see. It's exciting either way.

Pierre

Strata Poster
**** this, speculative topic two years before the proposed "ride" is open, ****ing recipe for spam right there.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
No.

Just.

No.

Anybody could start a "2012 coaster for (insert park)?" topic, and there's next to **** all to actually go on.

LOCKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.