What's new

[2011] Walibi-Parks: W.A.B. vs The SkunX

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It broke down twice while we were waiting for it, turning a 10 minute queue into an hour-long ordeal.

The tunnel on the lift is a complete missed opportunity; it looks and feels cheap when you're inside it, with a few crappy chaser lights.

The onboard audio is good, the restraints on the new cars were much better than the regular boomerang trains, and the paint job does look really good.

However, the boomerang is basically the only standout item in the whole "amazing" retheme that's even noticable.

andrus

Giga Poster
As gavin pointed out Xpress has not been repainted. This is what it looked like when I visited a week ago:

xpressd.jpg

It didn't operate at all when we were there, which was a shame..

I haven't been to Walibi Holland before so I really can't compare the park and the changes. I don't by no means think it's a great park, but it's definitely not as bad as many here on the forum make it out to be. The park was clean and nice during our visit, and the park has some fab attractions like the flume and (obviously) Goliath. Other attractions were poor and run down and needed some refurbishment. All in all it was a pretty standard park but with some stand out attractions, I know we certainly enjoyed ourselves during the visit though! :)

Here are a couple of pics of the most obvious changes:

walibientrance.jpg

Entrance area

speedsound.jpg

"Speed os Sound" - The refirbished Vekoma boomerang

sosstation.jpg

Station theming and blurry train at "Speed of Sound"

Personally I think the new color scheme of the boomerang is vile. Why mix purple and orange?! I really like the music though, it greatly enhances the ride experience imo :) Good work on that part Walibi! The station theming (seen above) is nicely done and works well with the theme. I kind of liked the tunnel too (unlike gavin). But I got greatly disappointed with the trains. The restraints were too tight and uncomfortable, which aint a very good thing for a brand new design.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've actually never been, but by the sounds of things, the park was in its prime around early 2000's, but since then investment has been virtually non-exsistant, so it has now become a bit run down.

I hope they do sort it out as it used to look like a really nice park, and still is one of my 'must visit' parks for mainland Europe. But unfortunetly, I dont think it will get its 'nice park' image back with how vulgar looking all this music stuff is.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
This picture was indeed made by a fan in a topic about which color scheme they would like to see on Xpress. This last ride is known in Holland as Pink Panther: The Ride or SuperGay: The Ride. A paintjob for the coaster is promised by Walibi for ages but never happened. To me, it looks like if they wait a bit longer, the ride will be transparant!

And another video...what do characters in Walibi Belgium do when they have nothing else to do? Jump around, of course:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4djM7XSF8AQ[/youtube]

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
http://www.walibi.com/themusicbattle/en/comics/episode-01
Sorry if it's been posted already. You can read all the issues of the comic online in English.

Meanwhile I passed the 11th chapter of the comic. I think it is a little bit boring and it takes a bit long before we get some action. However, it is alot better than the comic Walibi released in 2005. And this is the first Belgian comic that used the word 'b*tch' in its text.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Oh please. We get it, you love Walibi, but that's just desperate.