What's new

[2011] Walibi-Parks: W.A.B. vs The SkunX

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Walibi Belgium keeps changing to fit the new Music Battle theme!

DSC09787-border.jpg

DSC09789-border.jpg

DSC09795-border.jpg

DSC09797-border.jpg

DSC09809-border.jpg

DSC09825-border.jpg

DSC09845-border.jpg

Great thanks to Matth048 for this exclusive pictures!

Lofty

CF Legend
I've already had a look at a few of them. My god. They're excellent. So much work has been put into the graphic and animation side of things. I have to admit, I am very impressed with what Walibi are doing..

I know this is mainly about Walibi Belgium. But, over at Walibi Holland, they're doing quite a lot of work also, here's just a few images;

198629_186359664739165_173148719393593_417988_4347238_n.jpg

190532_186602591381539_173148719393593_419193_8055073_n.jpg

183510_186359494739182_173148719393593_417987_3927306_n.jpg

183738_185078691533929_173148719393593_411818_1551041_n.jpg

All of these were taken from the Walibi Holland Facebook Page.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
-lofty- said:
I know this is mainly about Walibi Belgium. But, over at Walibi Holland, they're doing quite a lot of work also, here's just a few images

It doesn't matter which park this is about. There is more information about Walibi Belgium since its my homepark.

A picture of the theming for the Speed of Sound station in Walibi Holland:

189969_186828354692296_173148719393593_420671_3540483_n.jpg

In Walibi Belgium, the SpongeBob SquarePants 4D Theater is getting a brand new look for the new W.A.B. 4D Theatre, starring the Rokken' Roll movie:

wb01.jpg

wb02.jpg

Pictures by http://www.ameworld.net

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
A picture appeared on Facebook from the W.A.B (Walibi Adventure Band), who are travelling around in Paris. Walibi will soon tell us what they were doing there! From left to right: Zenko, Fibi, Walibi and Haaz!

original1.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
Are them new trains Vekoma? They dont really look like it to me.

Anyway, good to see their finally reopening La via volta! But whats the music theme all about? Are they going to retheme everything for this music battle?

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, they're the new Vekoma trains. They're on several other Vekoma coasters too.

h7cj1n4k0jd000an56m0f3.jpg

That's at Genting Highland. A quote from RCDB:

For the 2009 season the Corkscrew's original Arrow trains were replaced with new style Vekoma trains.

Lofty

CF Legend
I can't agree more. The animation plus the costumes. Them costumes would have cost quite a bit of money!

Lofty

CF Legend
Double post, but this came to my attention:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT82Vy9JcTM&feature=feedu[/youtube]

andrus

Giga Poster
^
RollerCoasterDatabase said:
Trains: Single train with 7 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 28 riders.
Built by: Schäfer Amusement Technology
Notes: The Boomerang originally came with trains from Vekoma. For the 2007 season they were replaced with new trains with tiered seating, no sides and only lapbar restraints.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
But whats the music theme all about? Are they going to retheme everything for this music battle?

The whole Music Battle was secretly planned the past 3 years and has to bring the Walibi parks in Belgium, Holland and France back to life. The Walibi Group that was created in 1989 is gone and after Six Flags and StarParks, they are now called the Walibi Studios. Besides the themeparks, they also want to focus on music, which was already clear, but in the near future, they also want to create TV-shows and movies around the Music Battle, WAB, SkunX and Shimmeria. The French parks already signed a deal with French kids TV-channel Gully to air the WAB and SkunX music videos, Belgium and Holland signed a deal with Nickelodeon/MTV to air the videos and later on TV-shows and movie. Both videoclips already aired on the Disney Resort TV Channel in Paris and such.

At the press-event in January, Walibi announced that all 4 Walibi parks (plus Walibi Sinibad in Morocco, that will open later) will be completely themed into the whole Music Battle Concept, the following 5 years. This already happened by replacing the former Walibi mascots with the new ones in Belgium, France and Holland and removing 2 of the 3 comicbookfigures and SpongeBob SquarePants from Walibi Belgium. Lucky Luke will remain one more season in Walibi Belgium and the Lucky Luke City area (with Calamity Mine and Dalton Terror) will soon be re-themed. I suppose it will be themed into this happy, cheerfull planet where the WAB-members come from; Shimmeria! I'm not sure about this, but I slightly remember it has been said that all Walibi-parks will be split up in two parts: W.A.B side and The SkunX side.

I think it's gonna be pretty exciting the following 5 years to see how those parks will develope.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yes, well, its certainly interesting and different. I hope it works out well for them and we see some new investment in Walibi Holland.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
The new entrance from Walibi Belgium is almost ready. It does look like Fanta-paradise, but I actually like it...

dsc00305border.jpg

dsc00272border.jpg

dsc00282border.jpg

dsc00290border.jpg

And the brand new TV-commercial aired on various Belgian TV-channels. Walibi Belgium has also announced they are giving away 50.000 free tickets in a cooperation with Carrefour, a Belgian chain of supermarkets. They have also done this kind of action with GB (the name from Carrefour before 2000), which ment for Walibi Belgium the best season in history.

Anyway, the TV-spot:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2qoqpGFqsk[/youtube]

nadroJ

CF Legend
I like everything apart from the use of the character in the entrance logo, a little bit tacky for me.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Supermarket-chain Carrefour is completely into Walibi since this week. Walibi and Carrefour are giving away 50.000 tickets, by collecting card-games and stickers to stick into this special Walibi comicbook. Walibi already had this sort of campagn with Carrefour in 1991 and this turned out to be the best season for Walibi in its history. Police patrols with helicopters had to be used to keep the traffic under control. Walibi is everywhere in Carrefour. Pictures of WAB and The SkunX are all over the store, stickers at the entrance and...the next TV-commercial

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieuu6Bp7pDE[/youtube]

nadroJ

CF Legend
This is one of the smartest and best revamps I've ever seen for a park, I'll be very surprised if it fails. The only thing that gets me about it is the age group they're aiming for? It's not exactly families but it's a bit young for teenagers, can't quite put my finger on it.

Oh well, good on them, the Walibi parks have the potential to be amazing and I'd very much like to see that potential fulfilled.