What's new

2010 Merlin Annual Pass, New Restrictions

jokerman

Giga Poster
I don't care, because I read the terms before I bought the pass at the beginning of this year, and still thought that for £75 I got it for, it was a bargain.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
I got my new merlin annual pass yesterday and to be honest for the £75 i paid for it i aint bothered at all from these restrictions. I got it at warwick castle and saved so much money already the free entry to the castle and dungeons, then the dicount of the food and drink which was already bogof then the discount on food and free car park just makes me think of how good a deal it is. The restrictions wont really bother that mant people unless they are specifically planning on going to london during the summer.

Karen

Hyper Poster
One thing I haven't noticed is the limited 52 entries a year i.e. you can now use it as much as you want! So surely this is a plus?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Yeah, but the 52 visit limit was surely just a ridiculous rule anyway? I can't imagine anyone really using an annual pass more than once a week. Getting rid of the "restriction" might look good, but will have pretty much zero effect in reality.

A

Anonymous

I have just also found out another perk has been taken away from Passholders.

We can no longer buy bounce back tickets or reduced rate tickets.
I had planned to take along a few of the kids friends to the pars this week and when I tried to buy some tickets I was given a bill for FULL PRICE!!

I asked when this new rule had come in and she said its a recent one and its the same for all Merlin parks.

I think its pretty awful and will certainly cut down my visits in a season.

Ive not received a email informing of this info either...
:(

A

Anonymous

jokerman said:
Why should you be able to buy bounce back tickets? You havn't bought a ticket in the first place.

well we were always sold them for years and the staff even offered us the tickets...we were told this season that as passholders we could bring people with us for reduced prices depending on date of visit.

Just using what I was told we could!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Just try and find a ticket on the floor and claim you paid to get in, that way they will sell you a bounceback.

I used to do it all the time a few seasons ago, especially when my pass was up for renewal...find a fully paid for ticket on the floor saved me £30.

They did eventually cotton on to this and now the renewal price is lower than buying a new AP with a ticket reduction (I think). So yeah, you'll have to find one before the cleaners do.