What's new

2 days in Krakowskiiiii

Nadia

Mega Poster
Our hol started with us being up at 2am stupid time to get to Liverpool Airport! When we got there, we decided to have a lil pose with Mr Lennon
john.jpg

After a 2 hour 40 min flight, we arrived and went to drop our things off at the hostel
lift.jpg

room-1.jpg

hostel.jpg

We made our way to the old town. Me posing in my Deirdre shades
deirdre.jpg

It was time for lunch the time we got to Krakow so we decided to try some Polish dumplings
dump.jpg

I went for the meat option and asked the guy if it contained any chicken as I don't eat birdies, he said no so I said mm yes ok then! After my first few dumplings I realised that the meat looked v v poultryesqe, kinda shredded style and didn't really taste like beef or lamb! I then had a little whitey kinda bone in it and I nearly puked! Eeeeeek! So I'm thinking it was duck/some bird! No more Polski food for me hehe!

Posing after our food
food.jpg

Awesome face
head.jpg

slide.jpg

Fair across the river
fair.jpg

No water
wateee.jpg

At Wawel Castle (which is bloody gorgeous!!!!!)
music.jpg

castle.jpg

castle2.jpg

river.jpg

bike.jpg

After many many hours of walking we went back to the hostel to get ready for the night. They had loadsa lil games (no frustration though Hoyer :p) We played several bloody games on travel connect 4, I won the deciding game :D get in!!! Though at the start I didn't empty the box properly so we thought we were missing ****eloads of pieces, whoooops!
connect.jpg

We went for a meal and decided to sit outside! Bad move! It was freeeezing! Though we discovered some blankets haha!
freezin.jpg

cold.jpg

It was still tooooo cold even with the blankets so we gave in and sat inside!! Then they made us wait ageeeeees for food
eeek.jpg

Though when it finally came, the burger was mega yum and just about fit in my mouth!!!
mm.jpg

Wicker chair and candle bar
lace.jpg

Our first underground bar find
posin.jpg

We found this club which had pretty banging choonies, but I realised in the queue that I'd left my ID at the hostel, luckily it was only up the road! On the way back to the club, we heard some proper cheesy choons underground so we checked it out instead of the other place! It was aweeeesome, all of these places have so many little alcoves and cool snazzy areas!

We grabbed a drink and got on the dancefloor! YMCA, oh yes! Then we found our own little dance floor upstairs
barr.jpg

dance.jpg

party.jpg

Drummer
drum.jpg

Furry wall
wall.jpg

More underground areas in Krakow, they just love stairs and cellars and so do I!!!
under.jpg

4223_171709550042_772570042_6759447.jpg

steps.jpg

Soaking up the gorgeous sunshine
mall.jpg

poseingagai.jpg

shadow.jpg

Trying to be arty farty
arty.jpg

In the words of Sarah "this is where bears fight" haha hmmm!!
fight.jpg

Paintings
painting.jpg

Big big door!
door.jpg

Haha, she moved and scared the **** outta Sarah
statue.jpg

and so did this lizard
scared.jpg

A Krakow street
street.jpg

Tram
tram.jpg

We were sat waiting in our hostel at 8pm for the vodka tasting to start, at 8.20 we realised that the board had been changed and the tasting was at 9 instead of 8! We sacked that idea as we were way too hungry to wait!
vodka.jpg

We found the yummiest scrummiest Indian restaurant, mmmm prawn masala!
coke.jpg

We found this mega mega cool bar, Lizard King! My camera battery also started dying at this point :-( So the majority of these are Sarah's
eee.jpg

From the outside, it looked teeny and we walked though and got such a shock! It was hoooooooj and had a rock band on who's Polish lyrics sounded like they were singing English! We nearly pissed ourselves when we started turning them into English, they mainly sounded like they were singing about toes and cheese, cheese later became our theme of the night haha (and mice/meeeese)
rock.jpg

organ.jpg

water.jpg

After this bar, we decided to have a walk into Kazimierz which is full of bars, we were trying to find Singer, a bar that has vintage sewing machines on the tables!

We did find Alchemia, which looks mega, but was also rammed!
alchemia.jpg

We weren't getting on very well with our search for Singer so decided to head back to the Old Town!! We had an absolutely hilarious time chatting muchos ****e, taking waaay too many silly photos and singing songs!
feet.jpg

dragon.jpg

eeeee.jpg

mees.jpg

loight.jpg

eeeeeeeee.jpg

hmm.jpg

Teeeeny dwarf door in the loo
looo.jpg

loo.jpg

Last day and up in time for the yummy brekkie before we left for the airport :-(
brekkie.jpg

I haven't a clue how Raybould doesn't get a headache when he's at work, waaaay too much yellow and signage going on!
ryanair.jpg

We got out of the aiport much earlier than we imagined, we were all excited to be out early, so I put the car keys in my little brumster and nowt!! Eeeek, not impressed! The battery had gone, thought we checked lights and everything and we couldn't see what I'd left on! Luckily the RAC came to the rescue and I realised I'd left the bloody interior light on DURRRR!! How the hell didn't we notice as it was dark outside when we got to the airport!
raac.jpg

rac.jpg

Awwww we had such an amazing time and even though we were only there for 2 days, we did so much! We just wish we had more time to find some more mega cool bars and clubs!! I'd recommend it to everyone! It's one of the funkiest/cleanest places I've been!

There's many many more piccies on my facebook, we took 600 between us!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Great report and pics, Begdori! I'm off to Poland next year, looks great and so do those dumplings on the plate and your chest.

Wow, looks like you had a lot of fun! I'd love to go to Europe one day, and Poland would be cool because I'm part Polish, yayy! And also, I'd wanna see all the stuff from WWII and that, which Krakow was a part of, so that'd be interesting to just be there.

Love the statue of the head as well, and your clothes :O .

Nadia

Mega Poster
Thanks guys and haha Ian the dumplings!! When you go, ask them if they use any kind of poultry in their dumplings though I guess ignorance is bliss on this occasion hehe!!

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Nice photos Nadia!

Looks like you had a great time, I bet the RAC patrol was pleasantly surprised when he saw you and Sarah at the car park! :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Nadia said:
Perogies! Yum! (But you need to go for the pork ones :wink: )
Great piccies. Lovely ladies. Very nice.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I've been there myself, I recognise a few of those places from our year 10 trip to Krakow. We sat five people inside that head, trying to find shelter from the rain.

And appearently, it isn't the Kracowics who love cellars, it's the street level that has risen in the course of the years. Most old buildings have their entrance a meter or two below street level, this was actually ground floor once. That's because the streets never were swept in old times, and when the garbage started to fill too much of the street, they simply put another layer of paving on top of it. Krakow has gained five meters of streets that way. Even Oslo has most of the Viking times ruins lying a good meter below the ground.
However, no cities beat Rome to the title of landfill city. Archeologists assume that the ground Romulus and Remus walked on was about twenty-five meters below today's street level.

Nadia

Mega Poster
Shockwave said:
I bet the RAC patrol was pleasantly surprised when he saw you and Sarah at the car park! :p

He was an extremely jolly ol chap hehe!! Maybe we did cheer him up muchos hehe :lol:

Pokemaniac, that's pretty fascinating stuff, nice to have a lil insight into it!! We definitely fell in love with all the underground bars, it was so exciting wondering what cool place we'd find next!!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
That looks like an awesome two days! I think the Polish language'd scare me a bit, i'm fine with the near European languages but the less common ones are a bit daunting lol, looks like a lovely place though. Its never really been up there on my list of places to visit, but it does look good, so maybe i'll elevate it.

Glad you had a good time!

Nadia

Mega Poster
Yeah, I was actually a bit worried before we went and it was really weird actually because normally when I've been to France or Spain, I can get by really easily, especially in France. It was weird when people would be saying stuff in shops in Polish to us and it was hilarious as we just didn't have a clue and prices sounded really odd, just waffle! Then I felt like a typical Brit tourist as I didn't have a clue. We didn't have any major problems though so you'd defo be ok Robbage!! We also couldn't stop laughing when reading translated menus, the best one was "Guinea flow" instead of fowl hahaha, there were so many funny ones!